Continuing with learning how to use a clip

  • ken winston caine
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 27, 2006
      OK.

      Thanks, Jody. Those instructions helped.

      So I got the Libraries window open on the left side. (Had it
      squeezed as closed as possible before and so wasn't noticing it.)

      When I click on the "reopen alphabetized" button on the bottom of
      the page now, the clip script shows up in the Library bar on the
      left.

      I clicked twice in the library box on the left. The words, "H=Reopen
      Alphabetically" appeared in my document.

      I do notice that the script says at the top that it requires Notetab
      version 4.6a. Maybe it doesn't work in the current version of Pro?

      Best,
      kwc
    • Don - htmlfixit.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 27, 2006
        > I clicked twice in the library box on the left. The words, "H=Reopen
        > Alphabetically" appeared in my document.
        >
        > I do notice that the script says at the top that it requires Notetab
        > version 4.6a. Maybe it doesn't work in the current version of Pro?

        You are getting closer. It sounds like there is a problem with the clip
        you copied. That line is supposed to be heading for your clip.

        I suspect we are nearing the point where we should go to the clips list
        with further discussion.

        Again go copy the clip from Jody's snatch a clip. Then put your cursor
        in that library window and right click. Choose "add from clipboard" and
        add the clip that way. Then try double clicking on the newly added clip
        and see if the magic occurs.
      • Don - htmlfixit.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 27, 2006
          > You are getting closer. It sounds like there is a problem with the clip
          > you copied. That line is supposed to be THE heading for your clip.
          CORRECTION ... the heading for your clip ... so something is wrong with
          the clip if that is actually printing in your document.
        • ken winston caine
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 27, 2006
            OK. After this, if this doesn't solve it, I'll sign up for the other
            forum and move the questions over there.

            Suspect now from your comments that the problem is how I installed in
            the first place. I installed by simply saving the file to the Libraries
            folder and not buy copying and "adding" from the Library commands as
            you described. Let me try that.

            best,
            kwc
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 27, 2006
              Hi Ken,

              It would probably be easiest for you to just download and install
              my DirStuff below. If you do not find it in there, tell me again
              in private email which ones you want in it and I'll add them to
              it. There is a check-box open of Favorites and one that opens
              them sorted. I don't think there is one to sort the Favorites
              list itself. I think I know which one you are talking about, but
              give me in private email its exact name. I'll be back online
              tomorrow if you don't get it sorted out. (pun intended) :) Don is
              correct about the header H="Clip Name" and why it is pasting in.
              Yes, please move this over to the Clips list if you don't go
              private with it and need it tonight. It's my 11th wedding
              anniversary tonight, so I'm out of here before I have a whole lot
              of sorting out to do!!! :)

              NoteTabbers Assistant Library Page
              http://www.notetab.net/html/library.htm
              Direct download for DirStuff
              http://www.notetab.net/zip/dirstuff.zip

              >OK. After this, if this doesn't solve it, I'll sign up for the other
              >forum and move the questions over there.
              >
              >Suspect now from your comments that the problem is how I installed in
              >the first place. I installed by simply saving the file to the Libraries
              >folder and not buy copying and "adding" from the Library commands as
              >you described. Let me try that.

              Happy Clip'n!

              http://www.sojourner.us/software
              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 27, 2006
                Hi Ken,

                >When I click on the "reopen alphabetized" button on the bottom of
                >the page now, the clip script shows up in the Library bar on the
                >left.
                >
                >I clicked twice in the library box on the left. The words, "H=Reopen
                >Alphabetically" appeared in my document.

                That is in DirStuff.

                You are correct in that this list is probably more suitable just
                to install and run a Clip, but since you are having difficulty,
                it is probably best at this point to take it on over to the Clips
                list since Don and others and myself have already pointed out the
                basic stuff. :-) Thanks for asking!

                > Is this the right list for my basic "how do I install and
                > execute a clip in Notetab" questions? Or am I supposed to post
                > them on the Clips list.
                >
                > I appreciate that you have many specialized lists devoted to
                > Notetab.
                >
                > The description on the homepage for this group suggests that
                > the Clips list is more about writing/editing clips than about
                > learning how to actually use them.
                >
                > I so rarely believe that I am even up to speed as a "basic"
                > user of Notetab after all these years and so tend to post what
                > I perceive to be "basic" questions here.

                Happy Clip'n!

                http://www.sojourner.us/software
              • hsavage
                Message 7 of 7 , Jan 27, 2006
                  ken winston caine wrote:
                  > OK. After this, if this doesn't solve it, I'll sign up for the other
                  > forum and move the questions over there.
                  >
                  > Suspect now from your comments that the problem is how I installed in
                  > the first place. I installed by simply saving the file to the Libraries
                  > folder and not buy copying and "adding" from the Library commands as
                  > you described. Let me try that.
                  >
                  > best,
                  > kwc

                  > Have just "snatched" two clips from Jody's snatch-a-clip page:

                  ken,

                  I'm not sure but your original message gave me the impression that you
                  downloaded/copied 2 different clips and saved each one as a .clb file.

                  As a previous lister explained, a clip is just one member of a clipbook,
                  .clb file. The 2 clips you copied should have been added to a clipbook,
                  not saved as individual clipbook files.

                  The only way that would work is for you to add a line like the following
                  as the very first line of each clip that you snatched, then save as a
                  .clb file.

                  = V5 MultiLine NoSorting TabWidth=30

                  This line would convert each clip you snatched into a single clip
                  clipbook. You may want to refer to NoteTab Help, any item about
                  Clipbooks, especially, adding clips to existing clipbooks.

                  ºvº
                  06.01.27
                  -Newspaper HeadLine-
                  "Lansing Residents Can Drop Off Trees"