RE: [NTB] Reading your HTML

  • John Wallace
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 10, 2006
      The default save is as a .txt file.
      The browser will show the file you're working on as text in it, won't be converted to html.
      Save the file with a .html ending and the browser button will open the file as a web page.
      Do your corrections and additions in Notetab ,save it, then go to the browser and just hit refresh.

      I don't know if you can change the default save file suffix to .html or not.

      John Wallace
      Pontiac Power RULES !!!
      www.wallaceracing.com

      Subject: [NTB] Reading your HTML

      I expect this is a very basic question,except to a beginner.I have only been trying to write html for about 48 hours and find
      NoteTab an excellent way to learn.I expect like all beginners they try the deep end first,I have tried several searches in NoteTab
      but no doubt typing in the wrong question.
      When I type something in NoteTab the only way I have found that I can check what my progress looks like as I go along is to paste
      work into Notepad,save as html,then open.I am sure NoteTab has a a facility to do this,when I press the View In Browser button what
      I have typed comes up in my browser but still in html as typed in Note Tab,with the tags.My attempts are only small but I cannot see
      someone who is dealing with texts,colours etc, do what I do to see their work.
      If it is any help I do not as yet have my own webpage and it opens in Opera,I have Firefox.

      Any help would be appreciated.
      Thank you
      peter
    • Don - htmlfixit.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 11, 2006
        wonkerma wrote:
        > I expect this is a very basic question,except to a beginner.I have
        > only been trying to write html for about 48 hours and find NoteTab an
        > excellent way to learn.I expect like all beginners they try the deep
        > end first,I have tried several searches in NoteTab but no doubt typing
        > in the wrong question.
        > When I type something in NoteTab the only way I have found that I can
        > check what my progress looks like as I go along is to paste work into
        > Notepad,save as html,then open.I am sure NoteTab has a a facility to
        > do this,when I press the View In Browser button what I have typed
        > comes up in my browser but still in html as typed in Note Tab,with the
        > tags.My attempts are only small but I cannot see someone who is
        > dealing with texts,colours etc, do what I do to see their work.
        > If it is any help I do not as yet have my own webpage and it opens in
        > Opera,I have Firefox.
        >
        > Any help would be appreciated.
        > Thank you
        > peter

        Hi Peter,

        There is a different list for html questions regarding notetab that you
        may find beneficial. You can save your files in notetab with a .html
        extension and then hit f9 and that should open them in a browser. You
        may also need to load the location of your firefox browser under
        view/options/internet tab.

        Notetab is a great html editing program in my mind. I don't think it
        forces a .txt extension, but maybe I have forgotten some setting I long
        ago disabled.

        Don
      • Jeff Scism
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 11, 2006
          Save your html pages AS html in Note Tab, the default is .txt, just add
          ,htm to the end of the filename when saving. The short cut to execute
          your browser is CONTROL+T (Hold down the control key and tap T when
          notetab is open on your file)