RE: [NTB] special characters

  • Keith Cornett
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 7, 2006
      I don't understand. Are you saying that NoteTab Pro has LESS features / capabilities than does Light or Std?

      Keith

      _____

      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 7, 2006
        Hi Keith,

        >I don't understand. Are you saying that NoteTab Pro has LESS
        >features / capabilities than does Light or Std?

        No, it has more. :) Pro does have a few features that NoteTab
        Std/Light have. The input control in Pro is different from that
        that Std/Light uses and is the reason for the loss of some
        features.

        >Keith
        >
        >Hi Dave, Adrien, and Others,
        >
        >>you could try note tab standard it will show many more fonts than
        >>pro
        >
        >A number of Pro users get Light since it is free (although a copy
        >of Std is only $9.95. :) and uses the same input control as Std.
        >Light shows the same fonts as Std.
        >
        >> THANKYOU DAVE M
        >>
        >>What could be the best way to handle this in NoteTab? I am talking about
        >>files made in a textprocessor (Word, Open Office, ...) or in some cases
        >>a html-file.
        >>An example, if I have a word like this: JindÅ(tm)ich (character r with a
        >>'sign' above, or: Jindřich), NoteTab Pro shows it as: Jind(ich.

        See ya in the funnies,
        Jody Adair, Prov. 15:15

        http://www.clean-funnies.com
      • Adrien Verlee
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 8, 2006
          Op za, 07-01-2006 te 16:24 -0600, schreef Jody:
          > No, it has more. :) Pro does have a few features that NoteTab
          > Std/Light have. The input control in Pro is different from that
          > that Std/Light uses and is the reason for the loss of some
          > features.

          I wasn't clear enough. I was thinking about a method to work accurate
          between a textprocessor and NoteTab Pro.

          Suppose you have a text in a Slavic-language, with plenty special
          characters. In a textproccessor you do your job, and all is fine. Then
          you have to change your text to html.

          What is the best procedure for this? The html that must be produced
          should contains a code like ř
          But NoteTab - if I work with the windows-clipboard - do not recognized
          some characters.
          --
          adrien
        • apw@ap-woolrich.co.uk
          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 8, 2006
            A while back I needed special characters for editing for Wikisource,
            using NTB Pro. The only way round it was to make my own clip
            libraries for Greek, fractions, typographic symbols and the like.

            Tony Woolrich

            On 8 Jan 2006 at 12:08, Adrien Verlee wrote:

            > Op za, 07-01-2006 te 16:24 -0600, schreef Jody:
            > > No, it has more. :) Pro does have a few features that NoteTab
            > > Std/Light have. The input control in Pro is different from that
            > > that Std/Light uses and is the reason for the loss of some
            > > features.
            >
            > I wasn't clear enough. I was thinking about a method to work accurate
            > between a textprocessor and NoteTab Pro.
            >
            > Suppose you have a text in a Slavic-language, with plenty special
            > characters. In a textproccessor you do your job, and all is fine. Then
            > you have to change your text to html.
            >
            > What is the best procedure for this? The html that must be produced
            > should contains a code like ř
            > But NoteTab - if I work with the windows-clipboard - do not recognized
            > some characters.
            > --
            > adrien

            > Yahoo! Groups Links
            >

            > --

          • Steve Henrickson
            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 10, 2006
              Hey there;
              I'm having a problem with my note tab pro. The spell check doesnt work because I need to add some sort of dictionary to it. I am missing a file I should have?

            • rpdooling
              Message 6 of 8 , Jan 10, 2006
                Steve,

                You need to install the dictionaries separately from:

                http://www.notetab.com/dictionaries.php

                I also recommend the WordWeb dictionary and Thesaurus which integrates
                with NoteTab. Consider the commercial version if you love words (I
                don't work for them; I just like words :)

                http://wordweb.info/users/

                </rpd>

                www.dooling.com