Change Ctrl-R to Ctrl-H to be more like notepad?

  • neveroutoftune
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 15, 2005
      Are the hotkeys customizable? I want my Find and Replace to be Ctrl-H
      like all other windows applications.
    • rpdooling
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 16, 2005
        From Help Topics "Changing Keyboard Shortcuts"

        Sometimes searching help is easier than posting :)

        You can now change the default keyboard shortcuts for menu items by
        creating a definition file called Shortcuts.dat in the NoteTab program
        folder. Place one shortcut reassignment per line. Start the line with
        the shortcut value, followed by a space, followed by the menu item.
        The first menu name in the sequence is the one that appears at the top
        of the main menu, followed by submenu names (if any), and then the
        name of the final menu item to activate. You must separate submenu
        items with a forward slash and leave out any ellipsis. You should put
        double quotes around a menu name if it contains one or more forward
        slash characters. The case of characters does not have to be the same
        as the actual menu commands.You can comment out shortcuts by putting a
        semicolon at the start of the line. Note that this feature is not
        available in NoteTab Light.

        Contents example for the Shortcuts.dat file:

        ;This line starts with a semicolon and is ignored by NoteTab
        Ctrl+Shift+F Document/Font/Change Font
        Ctrl+T Document/"Insert Date/Time"

        --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "neveroutoftune" <greg@n...> wrote:

        > Are the hotkeys customizable? I want my Find and Replace to be Ctrl-H
        > like all other windows applications.

      • kenfhill84083
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 10, 2006
          I tried this technique with NTB pro 5.1 but it would not change the
          shortcut for adding an outline heading from Ctrl+Shift+A to
          Ctrl+Shift+H. I want to make the change to avoid a conflict with
          another program, PowerStructure, which uses Ctrl+Shift+A to manipulate
          itself from any running program.

          I have tried both
          Ctrl+Shift+H Document/Ouline Headings/Add Heading
          and
          Ctrl+Shift+H Document/Ouline Headings/Add Heading... (with trailing
          ellipsis like on the main menu)

          I also have tried to switch the syntax from Ctrl+Shift+H to Shift+Ctrl+H.

          Nothing works. Can anyone counsel me on this?

          Ken

          --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "rpdooling" <rpdooling@...> wrote:

          > From Help Topics "Changing Keyboard Shortcuts"
          >
          > Sometimes searching help is easier than posting :)
          >
          > You can now change the default keyboard shortcuts for menu items by
          > creating a definition file called Shortcuts.dat in the NoteTab program
          > folder. Place one shortcut reassignment per line. Start the line with
          > the shortcut value, followed by a space, followed by the menu item.
          > The first menu name in the sequence is the one that appears at the top
          > of the main menu, followed by submenu names (if any), and then the
          > name of the final menu item to activate. You must separate submenu
          > items with a forward slash and leave out any ellipsis. You should put
          > double quotes around a menu name if it contains one or more forward
          > slash characters. The case of characters does not have to be the same
          > as the actual menu commands.You can comment out shortcuts by putting a
          > semicolon at the start of the line. Note that this feature is not
          > available in NoteTab Light.
          >
          > Contents example for the Shortcuts.dat file:
          >
          > ;This line starts with a semicolon and is ignored by NoteTab
          > Ctrl+Shift+F Document/Font/Change Font
          > Ctrl+T Document/"Insert Date/Time"
          >

          > --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "neveroutoftune" <greg@n...> wrote:
          > >
          > > Are the hotkeys customizable? I want my Find and Replace to be
          Ctrl-H
          > > like all other windows applications.

        • Alec Burgess
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 10, 2006
            Ken:
            > I tried this technique with NTB pro 5.1 but it would not change the
            > shortcut for adding an outline heading from Ctrl+Shift+A to
            > Ctrl+Shift+H. I want to make the change to avoid a conflict with
            > another program, PowerStructure, which uses Ctrl+Shift+A to manipulate
            > itself from any running program.
            >
            > I have tried both
            > Ctrl+Shift+H Document/Ouline Headings/Add Heading
            > and
            > Ctrl+Shift+H Document/Ouline Headings/Add Heading... (with trailing
            > ellipsis like on the main menu)
            >
            > I also have tried to switch the syntax from Ctrl+Shift+H to Shift+Ctrl+H.
            >
            > Nothing works. Can anyone counsel me on this?
            I haven't tried this myself but I belief you might want to put any menu
            title group that contains a blank in quotes, so:
            Ctrl+Shift+H Document/:Outline Headings"/"Add Heading..."

            I know the quote marks would be necessary if you were using a ^!Menu
            command in clips.
            Let me know if the above works for you.

            Regards ... Alec -- buralex-gmail

          • Sheri
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 10, 2006
              --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "kenfhill84083" <kenfhill@...> wrote:

              > I tried this technique with NTB pro 5.1 but it would
              > not change the shortcut for adding an outline heading
              > from Ctrl+Shift+A to Ctrl+Shift+H. I want to make the
              > change to avoid a conflict with another program,
              > PowerStructure, which uses Ctrl+Shift+A to manipulate
              > itself from any running program.
              >
              > I have tried both Ctrl+Shift+H Document/Ouline
              > Headings/Add Heading and Ctrl+Shift+H Document/Ouline
              > Headings/Add Heading... (with trailing ellipsis like on
              > the main menu)
              >
              > I also have tried to switch the syntax from
              > Ctrl+Shift+H to Shift+Ctrl+H.
              >
              > Nothing works. Can anyone counsel me on this?
              >
              > Ken

              The problem is likely that Shift+Ctrl+H is already used.

              Unless you've remapped it, it is assigned to:

              Modify/Characters to HTML/Extended

              You have to use an available mapping for key assignments. To make a
              used one available, you must use an available one to free it up (i.e.,
              there's assignment for "none").

              Regards,
              Sheri
            • melchior prisi
              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 10, 2006
                Hi,

                ----- on 10.12.2006 18:08 kenfhill84083 wrote:
                > I have tried both
                > Ctrl+Shift+H Document/Ouline Headings/Add Heading
                > and
                > Ctrl+Shift+H Document/Ouline Headings/Add Heading...

                It's Outline, not Ouline:

                Ctrl+Shift+H Document/Outline Headings/Add Heading
                works here.

                Regards,
                Melchior
                --
              • hsavage
                Message 7 of 7 , Dec 10, 2006
                  melchior prisi wrote:
                  > Hi,
                  >
                  > ----- on 10.12.2006 18:08 kenfhill84083 wrote:
                  >> I have tried both
                  >
                  > It's Outline, not Ouline:
                  >
                  > Ctrl+Shift+H Document/Outline Headings/Add Heading
                  > works here.
                  >
                  > Regards,
                  > Melchior

                  Ken,

                  Melchoir is correct, the proper line to enter into Shortcuts.dat is as
                  follows; Shift+Ctrl+H Document/Outline Headings/Add Heading

                  After adding to shortcuts.dat and saving the dat file any previous
                  assignments are overwritten and re-assigned.

                  Don't forget, to see the end result of this change you must have an
                  Outline file loaded and focused.

                  ºvº
                  2006.12.09
                  -Newspaper HeadLine...