Re: [NTB] Re: Setting default clip libraries

  • Audrey McKanna Coleman
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 14, 2005
      Thanks to John and rp for their help, though I still couldn't get it to work.

      rp - I followed the instructions you gave, but found that the option "Reload Open Documents" was already checked when I went into the View-Options-General menu. I went through the sequence of opening and closing files you suggested but wasn't able to get any results.

      John - I attempted to alter the shortcut path by going into My Computer, and creating a new shortcut from the File menu there. However, the place I entered the shortcut path wanted to Browse for the location of the program, and that failed while the appended clip info was attached. Could you give me more specific instructions on where to go to change the shortcut path?

      Thanks again,

      John Zeman <john041650@...> wrote:
      In addition to the other suggestions, you can also force NoteTab to open with the same default library every time by modifying your Windows shortcut to NoteTab from something like this:

      "C:\Program Files\Notetab Pro\NotePro.exe"

      "C:\Program Files\Notetab Pro\NotePro.exe" /L="My Library"

      Where MY Library is the name of the library you want opened each time.

      John

      > --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "audged" <audged@y...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Aargh! I am a new NoteTab Pro user and would like to set one of my
      > > much-used clip libraries to appear as default - instead the HTML one
      > > pops up everytime.
      > >
      > > Please help - I have searched the web and the NoteTab help pages, but
      > > can't figure it out.
      > >
      > > I appreciate your help on this no-brainer question.
      > >
      > > Also - every time I open the program I get the Readme.txt, .opl, and
      > > What's New.txt opened for me. I can't figure out how to turn it off.
      > > Even when I uncheck the "Show Tips on Startup" Box on the Tip of the
      > > Day - the Tip of the Day keeps coming up! It is driving me crazy.
      > >
      > > Thanks,

      Computer monitoring software Computer software industry

      ---------------------------------

      Audrey McKanna
      audged@...
      816/561-1142

    • rpdooling
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 14, 2005
        Okay, try UNchecking reload open documents. Then exit all documents,
        and close NoteTab. If the readme file still re-opens, go back and look
        at the "reload open documents" option. If it's checked, then your
        changes aren't "sticking" and I don't know why. Are you perhaps not
        logged on as an Administrator on your machine, or something? Or the
        folder where NoteTab is installed has somehow become read-only?

        I know you can edit all of these things directly in the NotePro.ini
        file but you better wait for Jody or some other wizard to come along
        first.

        Sorry.

        rpd

        --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, Audrey McKanna Coleman <audged@y...>
        wrote:

        > Thanks to John and rp for their help, though I still couldn't get it
        to work.

        > rp - I followed the instructions you gave, but found that the
        option "Reload Open Documents" was already checked when I went into
        the View-Options-General menu. I went through the sequence of opening
        and closing files you suggested but wasn't able to get any results.

        > John - I attempted to alter the shortcut path by going into My
        Computer, and creating a new shortcut from the File menu there.
        However, the place I entered the shortcut path wanted to Browse for
        the location of the program, and that failed while the appended clip
        info was attached. Could you give me more specific instructions on
        where to go to change the shortcut path?

        > Thanks again,

        > John Zeman <john041650@y...> wrote:
        > In addition to the other suggestions, you can also force NoteTab
        to open with the same default library every time by modifying your
        Windows shortcut to NoteTab from something like this:

        > "C:\Program Files\Notetab Pro\NotePro.exe"

        > "C:\Program Files\Notetab Pro\NotePro.exe" /L="My Library"
        >
        > Where MY Library is the name of the library you want opened each time.
        >
        > John
        >
        > > --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "audged" <audged@y...> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > Aargh! I am a new NoteTab Pro user and would like to set one of my
        > > > much-used clip libraries to appear as default - instead the HTML
        one
        > > > pops up everytime.
        > > >
        > > > Please help - I have searched the web and the NoteTab help
        pages, but
        > > > can't figure it out.
        > > >
        > > > I appreciate your help on this no-brainer question.
        > > >
        > > > Also - every time I open the program I get the Readme.txt, .opl,
        and
        > > > What's New.txt opened for me. I can't figure out how to turn it off.
        > > > Even when I uncheck the "Show Tips on Startup" Box on the Tip
        of the
        > > > Day - the Tip of the Day keeps coming up! It is driving me crazy.
        > > >
        > > > Thanks,

        > Computer monitoring software Computer software industry

        Service.

        > ---------------------------------
        >

        > Audrey McKanna
        > audged@y...
        > 816/561-1142

      • Jeffery Scism
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 14, 2005
          You could right click on the Tab, and choose "delete", that would stop
          it permanently....

          ~~

          Jeffery G. Scism, IBSSG

          (\o/)

        • John Zeman
          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 14, 2005
            --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, Audrey McKanna Coleman <audged@y...> wrote:

            > John - I attempted to alter the shortcut path by going into My Computer, and creating a new shortcut from the File menu there. However, the place I entered the shortcut path wanted to Browse for the location of the program, and that failed while the appended clip info was attached. Could you give me more specific instructions on where to go to change the shortcut path?

            Audrey the odds are pretty good that virtually every program you launch in your computer, is launched from a shortcut. Desktop icons, the icons in the quicklaunch toolbar, and pretty much everything under the START button are shortcuts.

            So how do you launch NoteTab? If it's with a desktop icon, then right click over that icon and choose properties. Likewise if you launch NoteTab from the under the START button somewhere, find NoteTab, right click over it, and choose properties. Once you are in the properties dialog box, append to the end of the target text (which should be the path to the NoteTab program) one space then /L:"My Library"

            Again, My Library is just an example library name you will need to put the name of the one you want to open the default each time.

            John