Setting default clip libraries

  • audged
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 12, 2005
      Aargh! I am a new NoteTab Pro user and would like to set one of my
      much-used clip libraries to appear as default - instead the HTML one
      pops up everytime.

      Please help - I have searched the web and the NoteTab help pages, but
      can't figure it out.

      I appreciate your help on this no-brainer question.

      Also - every time I open the program I get the Readme.txt, .opl, and
      What's New.txt opened for me. I can't figure out how to turn it off.
      Even when I uncheck the "Show Tips on Startup" Box on the Tip of the
      Day - the Tip of the Day keeps coming up! It is driving me crazy.

      Thanks,

    • lm_hamilton
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 12, 2005
        A,

        Close the files before you exit NoteTab.

        You have it set to remember, and thus re-open last used files that
        were open when you last closed NoteTab.

        You can also go to the options and uncheck remember last used files.

        NoteTab should also remember the last clip library the was open when
        you opened it. Perhaps you have one of the HTML clipbars loaded, I do
        not recall if the clip bar for the HTML library will autoload the HTML
        library or not. Try changing to a different clip bar.

        HTH,

        Larry Hamilton
        Kairos Computer Solutions
        http://www.kairoscomputers.com/

        --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "audged" <audged@y...> wrote:

        > Aargh! I am a new NoteTab Pro user and would like to set one of my
        > much-used clip libraries to appear as default - instead the HTML one
        > pops up everytime.
        >
        > Please help - I have searched the web and the NoteTab help pages, but
        > can't figure it out.
        >
        > I appreciate your help on this no-brainer question.
        >
        > Also - every time I open the program I get the Readme.txt, .opl, and
        > What's New.txt opened for me. I can't figure out how to turn it off.
        > Even when I uncheck the "Show Tips on Startup" Box on the Tip of the
        > Day - the Tip of the Day keeps coming up! It is driving me crazy.
        >
        > Thanks,

      • rpdooling
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 12, 2005
          A,

          Go to View | Options | General and check "reload open documents" Then
          exit whatever document you DON'T want open, and open any you DO want
          open. Then exit the program. You should end up right where you left
          off. If you had a doc open, it will be open.

          Same goes for the libraries. Whichever one is showing when you exit
          should still be there upon return. Unless I tweaked some setting and
          forgot.

          rpd

          --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "audged" <audged@y...> wrote:

          > Aargh! I am a new NoteTab Pro user and would like to set one of my
          > much-used clip libraries to appear as default - instead the HTML one
          > pops up everytime.
          >
          > Please help - I have searched the web and the NoteTab help pages, but
          > can't figure it out.
          >
          > I appreciate your help on this no-brainer question.
          >
          > Also - every time I open the program I get the Readme.txt, .opl, and
          > What's New.txt opened for me. I can't figure out how to turn it off.
          > Even when I uncheck the "Show Tips on Startup" Box on the Tip of the
          > Day - the Tip of the Day keeps coming up! It is driving me crazy.
          >
          > Thanks,

        • John Zeman
          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 13, 2005
            In addition to the other suggestions, you can also force NoteTab to open with the same default library every time by modifying your Windows shortcut to NoteTab from something like this:

            "C:\Program Files\Notetab Pro\NotePro.exe"

            "C:\Program Files\Notetab Pro\NotePro.exe" /L="My Library"

            Where MY Library is the name of the library you want opened each time.

            John

            > --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "audged" <audged@y...> wrote:
            > >
            > > Aargh! I am a new NoteTab Pro user and would like to set one of my
            > > much-used clip libraries to appear as default - instead the HTML one
            > > pops up everytime.
            > >
            > > Please help - I have searched the web and the NoteTab help pages, but
            > > can't figure it out.
            > >
            > > I appreciate your help on this no-brainer question.
            > >
            > > Also - every time I open the program I get the Readme.txt, .opl, and
            > > What's New.txt opened for me. I can't figure out how to turn it off.
            > > Even when I uncheck the "Show Tips on Startup" Box on the Tip of the
            > > Day - the Tip of the Day keeps coming up! It is driving me crazy.
            > >
            > > Thanks,

          • Audrey McKanna Coleman
            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 14, 2005
              Thanks to John and rp for their help, though I still couldn't get it to work.

              rp - I followed the instructions you gave, but found that the option "Reload Open Documents" was already checked when I went into the View-Options-General menu. I went through the sequence of opening and closing files you suggested but wasn't able to get any results.

              John - I attempted to alter the shortcut path by going into My Computer, and creating a new shortcut from the File menu there. However, the place I entered the shortcut path wanted to Browse for the location of the program, and that failed while the appended clip info was attached. Could you give me more specific instructions on where to go to change the shortcut path?

              Thanks again,

              John Zeman <john041650@...> wrote:
              In addition to the other suggestions, you can also force NoteTab to open with the same default library every time by modifying your Windows shortcut to NoteTab from something like this:

              "C:\Program Files\Notetab Pro\NotePro.exe"

              "C:\Program Files\Notetab Pro\NotePro.exe" /L="My Library"

              Where MY Library is the name of the library you want opened each time.

              John

              > --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "audged" <audged@y...> wrote:
              > >
              > > Aargh! I am a new NoteTab Pro user and would like to set one of my
              > > much-used clip libraries to appear as default - instead the HTML one
              > > pops up everytime.
              > >
              > > Please help - I have searched the web and the NoteTab help pages, but
              > > can't figure it out.
              > >
              > > I appreciate your help on this no-brainer question.
              > >
              > > Also - every time I open the program I get the Readme.txt, .opl, and
              > > What's New.txt opened for me. I can't figure out how to turn it off.
              > > Even when I uncheck the "Show Tips on Startup" Box on the Tip of the
              > > Day - the Tip of the Day keeps coming up! It is driving me crazy.
              > >
              > > Thanks,

              Computer monitoring software Computer software industry

              ---------------------------------

              Audrey McKanna
              audged@...
              816/561-1142

            • rpdooling
              Message 6 of 8 , Dec 14, 2005
                Okay, try UNchecking reload open documents. Then exit all documents,
                and close NoteTab. If the readme file still re-opens, go back and look
                at the "reload open documents" option. If it's checked, then your
                changes aren't "sticking" and I don't know why. Are you perhaps not
                logged on as an Administrator on your machine, or something? Or the
                folder where NoteTab is installed has somehow become read-only?

                I know you can edit all of these things directly in the NotePro.ini
                file but you better wait for Jody or some other wizard to come along
                first.

                Sorry.

                rpd

                --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, Audrey McKanna Coleman <audged@y...>
                wrote:

                > Thanks to John and rp for their help, though I still couldn't get it
                to work.

                > rp - I followed the instructions you gave, but found that the
                option "Reload Open Documents" was already checked when I went into
                the View-Options-General menu. I went through the sequence of opening
                and closing files you suggested but wasn't able to get any results.

                > John - I attempted to alter the shortcut path by going into My
                Computer, and creating a new shortcut from the File menu there.
                However, the place I entered the shortcut path wanted to Browse for
                the location of the program, and that failed while the appended clip
                info was attached. Could you give me more specific instructions on
                where to go to change the shortcut path?

                > Thanks again,

                > John Zeman <john041650@y...> wrote:
                > In addition to the other suggestions, you can also force NoteTab
                to open with the same default library every time by modifying your
                Windows shortcut to NoteTab from something like this:

                > "C:\Program Files\Notetab Pro\NotePro.exe"

                > "C:\Program Files\Notetab Pro\NotePro.exe" /L="My Library"
                >
                > Where MY Library is the name of the library you want opened each time.
                >
                > John
                >
                > > --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "audged" <audged@y...> wrote:
                > > >
                > > > Aargh! I am a new NoteTab Pro user and would like to set one of my
                > > > much-used clip libraries to appear as default - instead the HTML
                one
                > > > pops up everytime.
                > > >
                > > > Please help - I have searched the web and the NoteTab help
                pages, but
                > > > can't figure it out.
                > > >
                > > > I appreciate your help on this no-brainer question.
                > > >
                > > > Also - every time I open the program I get the Readme.txt, .opl,
                and
                > > > What's New.txt opened for me. I can't figure out how to turn it off.
                > > > Even when I uncheck the "Show Tips on Startup" Box on the Tip
                of the
                > > > Day - the Tip of the Day keeps coming up! It is driving me crazy.
                > > >
                > > > Thanks,

                > Computer monitoring software Computer software industry

                Service.

                > ---------------------------------
                >

                > Audrey McKanna
                > audged@y...
                > 816/561-1142

              • Jeffery Scism
                Message 7 of 8 , Dec 14, 2005
                  You could right click on the Tab, and choose "delete", that would stop
                  it permanently....

                  ~~

                  Jeffery G. Scism, IBSSG

                  (\o/)

                • John Zeman
                  Message 8 of 8 , Dec 14, 2005
                    --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, Audrey McKanna Coleman <audged@y...> wrote:

                    > John - I attempted to alter the shortcut path by going into My Computer, and creating a new shortcut from the File menu there. However, the place I entered the shortcut path wanted to Browse for the location of the program, and that failed while the appended clip info was attached. Could you give me more specific instructions on where to go to change the shortcut path?

                    Audrey the odds are pretty good that virtually every program you launch in your computer, is launched from a shortcut. Desktop icons, the icons in the quicklaunch toolbar, and pretty much everything under the START button are shortcuts.

                    So how do you launch NoteTab? If it's with a desktop icon, then right click over that icon and choose properties. Likewise if you launch NoteTab from the under the START button somewhere, find NoteTab, right click over it, and choose properties. Once you are in the properties dialog box, append to the end of the target text (which should be the path to the NoteTab program) one space then /L:"My Library"

                    Again, My Library is just an example library name you will need to put the name of the one you want to open the default each time.

                    John