Re: [NTB] Line Numbering

  • Don - htmlfixit.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 11, 2005
      line numbering only appears in the pro version I believe
      I have clips to manually number and unnumber lines by actually adding
      text into the file
    • rpdooling
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 11, 2005
        Bill, also, looking closer, I see that Viewing Line Numbers appears to
        be an option only in NoteTab Pro. (search on line-number ruler in
        HELP). I always make the assumption that people have the Pro version.
        Sorry if that's not the case.

        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 11, 2005
          Hi Bill,

          You have to select the text in the whole document (Ctrl+A) or
          only a range of lines mouse scroll (or Shift, Home, End, Down/up
          arrows, etc.). In all versions it is the same under the Modify |
          | Lines | Number Lines menu.

          Line Numbers under View opens a bar on the left of the document
          with the line numbers on it, not in the document itself.

          My nnnLines Library have a lot of Clips in it to remove line
          numbers with any symbol trailing the number like: 1., 2:, 3;, 4-,
          Renumbering the lines, renumbering sections of lines (with a
          number to start at and a number to end at in certain lines in the
          document, and other things as well. I find it useful for when you
          have items numbered and you add or remove lines from various
          places and want to renumber it because you would have lines
          missing as far as line numbers go.

          http://www.notetab.net (Other useful Libraries and Clips)
          http://www.notetab.net/zip/nnnlines.zip (nnnLines.clb)
          Unzip to NoteTab's Libraries folder.

          Please do not discuss Clips on this list, but instead, do so on
          the Clips list.

          >I have completed the installation and set .txt documemts to use
          >NoteTab rather than NotePad. Now I want to call for Line
          >Numbering on all .txt documents. Using the "Lines Menu" I have
          >called for line numbering but no numbers appear on the .txt
          >documents. Pease advise as to how I should go about this.

          Happy Clip'n!

          http://www.sojourner.us/software
        • hsavage
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 11, 2005
            bildgeboy wrote:
            > I have completed the installation and set .txt documemts to use NoteTab
            > rather than NotePad. Now I want to call for Line Numbering on
            > all .txt documents. Using the "Lines Menu" I have called for line
            > numbering but no numbers appear on the .txt documents. Pease advise as
            > to how I should go about this.
            >
            > Thanks, Bill

            Bill,

            I haven't used numbering very much but I think numbers are on a per doc
            basis, this isn't a default setting, each doc will have to be numbered
            individually.

            Additions to a doc will have to be numbered in a continuing fashion, as
            added.

            The text to be numbered, and only the text to be numbered, must be
            selected to number correctly. You cannot renumber previously numbered
            text without first removing the old numbers.

            The numbering menu is, Modify > Lines > Number Lines, when accessed the
            dialog gives you a default numbering start of 1, you can change this to
            whatever number needed for continuing numbering.

            Apparently there is no default hotkey for numbering, if you want you can
            create one.

            In the NoteTab main folder is a file named shortcuts.dat. You can add
            you own shortcuts to the file. Open and study the file to grasp the method.

            I didn't have a numbering hotkey but created one as follows;

            Ctrl+Shift+N Modify/Lines/Number Lines
            ;
            Ctrl+Shift+X Modify/Lines/Sort/Ascending
            ;
            Ctrl+Shift+Z Modify/Lines/Sort/Descending

            Add your own shortcut and save the file, that's it.

            Ctrl+Shift+N was not otherwise assigned so I used that key combo for the
            numbering hotkey.

            ºvº
            05.12.11

            "Earth is full. Go home."