Re: Line Numbering

  • rpdooling
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 11, 2005
      I'm not a line number guy, but do you mean that you aren't seeing line
      numbers in your VIEW of the doc? If so, try the VIEW menu and check
      line numbers. Otherwise if you want line numbers to actually appear in
      the doc I think you use the "Lines Menu" you used before, but you'll
      have to wait for somebody who prints line numbers to come along.

      rd

      --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "bildgeboy" <w.kellett@w...> wrote:

      > I have completed the installation and set .txt documemts to use NoteTab
      > rather than NotePad. Now I want to call for Line Numbering on
      > all .txt documents. Using the "Lines Menu" I have called for line
      > numbering but no numbers appear on the .txt documents. Pease advise as
      > to how I should go about this.
      >
      > Thanks, Bill

    • Don - htmlfixit.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 11, 2005
        line numbering only appears in the pro version I believe
        I have clips to manually number and unnumber lines by actually adding
        text into the file
      • rpdooling
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 11, 2005
          Bill, also, looking closer, I see that Viewing Line Numbers appears to
          be an option only in NoteTab Pro. (search on line-number ruler in
          HELP). I always make the assumption that people have the Pro version.
          Sorry if that's not the case.

          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 11, 2005
            Hi Bill,

            You have to select the text in the whole document (Ctrl+A) or
            only a range of lines mouse scroll (or Shift, Home, End, Down/up
            arrows, etc.). In all versions it is the same under the Modify |
            | Lines | Number Lines menu.

            Line Numbers under View opens a bar on the left of the document
            with the line numbers on it, not in the document itself.

            My nnnLines Library have a lot of Clips in it to remove line
            numbers with any symbol trailing the number like: 1., 2:, 3;, 4-,
            Renumbering the lines, renumbering sections of lines (with a
            number to start at and a number to end at in certain lines in the
            document, and other things as well. I find it useful for when you
            have items numbered and you add or remove lines from various
            places and want to renumber it because you would have lines
            missing as far as line numbers go.

            http://www.notetab.net (Other useful Libraries and Clips)
            http://www.notetab.net/zip/nnnlines.zip (nnnLines.clb)
            Unzip to NoteTab's Libraries folder.

            Please do not discuss Clips on this list, but instead, do so on
            the Clips list.

            >I have completed the installation and set .txt documemts to use
            >NoteTab rather than NotePad. Now I want to call for Line
            >Numbering on all .txt documents. Using the "Lines Menu" I have
            >called for line numbering but no numbers appear on the .txt
            >documents. Pease advise as to how I should go about this.

            Happy Clip'n!

            http://www.sojourner.us/software
          • hsavage
            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 11, 2005
              bildgeboy wrote:
              > I have completed the installation and set .txt documemts to use NoteTab
              > rather than NotePad. Now I want to call for Line Numbering on
              > all .txt documents. Using the "Lines Menu" I have called for line
              > numbering but no numbers appear on the .txt documents. Pease advise as
              > to how I should go about this.
              >
              > Thanks, Bill

              Bill,

              I haven't used numbering very much but I think numbers are on a per doc
              basis, this isn't a default setting, each doc will have to be numbered
              individually.

              Additions to a doc will have to be numbered in a continuing fashion, as
              added.

              The text to be numbered, and only the text to be numbered, must be
              selected to number correctly. You cannot renumber previously numbered
              text without first removing the old numbers.

              The numbering menu is, Modify > Lines > Number Lines, when accessed the
              dialog gives you a default numbering start of 1, you can change this to
              whatever number needed for continuing numbering.

              Apparently there is no default hotkey for numbering, if you want you can
              create one.

              In the NoteTab main folder is a file named shortcuts.dat. You can add
              you own shortcuts to the file. Open and study the file to grasp the method.

              I didn't have a numbering hotkey but created one as follows;

              Ctrl+Shift+N Modify/Lines/Number Lines
              ;
              Ctrl+Shift+X Modify/Lines/Sort/Ascending
              ;
              Ctrl+Shift+Z Modify/Lines/Sort/Descending

              Add your own shortcut and save the file, that's it.

              Ctrl+Shift+N was not otherwise assigned so I used that key combo for the
              numbering hotkey.

              ºvº
              05.12.11

              "Earth is full. Go home."