Re: [NTB] Control-F

    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 10, 2005
      Hi Jock,

      >i) Control+f used to bring up the search box. It no longer does.

      If you used Ctrl+F in Shortcuts.dat file for something else and
      then took it out, you may have to put it back Search/Find in
      again. It has happened to me before. It wouldn't hurt to try
      anyway (if it is working in other programs).

      Open Shortcuts.dat from NoteTab's main folder and put in:

      Ctrl+F Search/Find

      Note: whenever I change a shortcut I always add a note so that if
      I want to go back to default. I'll remember what it is just in
      case it won't go back on its own. Something like:

      ; ORIGINAL = Tools/Validate HTML (Shift+Ctrl+F7)
      Alt+Z Tools/Validate HTML

      >ii) Occasionally, on running the programme, Open File, the
      >programme hangs for anything up to a minute before showing the
      >file dialogue. XP advises that Note Tab is not responding.

      When it is happening do a Ctrl+Alt+Del and see if a program is
      taking up a lot of CPU time. (You may have to go into the Task
      Manager settings and have it show that field.

      Take care,

      and even thou doest err some! ;)
      http://clean-funnies.com
      http://notetab.net, http://fookes.us
    • Jock
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 20, 2005
        --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, Jody <kjv-av1611@e...> wrote:

        > Hi Jock,
        >
        > >i) Control+f used to bring up the search box. It no longer does.
        >
        > If you used Ctrl+F in Shortcuts.dat file for something else and
        > then took it out, you may have to put it back Search/Find in
        > again. It has happened to me before. It wouldn't hurt to try
        > anyway (if it is working in other programs).
        >
        > Open Shortcuts.dat from NoteTab's main folder and put in:
        >
        > Ctrl+F Search/Find

        Thanks. That's restored it. I can't guess at what changed it.

        > >ii) Occasionally, on running the programme, Open File, the
        > >programme hangs for anything up to a minute before showing the
        > >file dialogue. XP advises that Note Tab is not responding.
        >
        > When it is happening do a Ctrl+Alt+Del and see if a program is
        > taking up a lot of CPU time. (You may have to go into the Task
        > Manager settings and have it show that field.

        I'll do that next time it happens, which is only occasionally.

        Thanks and best wishes for Christmas and the New Year to you
        and all subscribers to this forum.

        --
        Jock.