Re: [NTB] Control-F

  • Chris Laarman
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 9, 2005
      Jock (afton370@...), Friday, December 09, 2005 11:48 PM

      > i) Control+f used to bring up the search box. It no longer does.
      >
      > ii) Occasionally, on running the programme, Open File, the programme
      > hangs for anything up to a minute before showing the file
      > dialogue. XP advises that Note Tab is not responding.
      >
      > Note Tab Pro.
      > Windows XP Home SP2
      > Athlon 3000+
      > 512M memory.

      i) Ctrl-F doesn't work with me - until I have a file loaded.

      ii) On start-up Note Tab may try to poll its web site for messages. Your
      firewall settings may interfere.

      --
      Chris Laarman
    • David Smart
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 9, 2005
        Is it just NoteTab that gives this delay? Try other programs too.

        One source of delay can be mapped network drives from computers that are not instantly accessible from the computer. The standard file open/save dialogues seem to attempt a connection with all mapped drives and need to time out if they get no response.

        When some of my home computers are switched off, it can take my computer about this time to bring up file save-as dialogues from all programs (not just NoteTab). I almost never use file/open from any program, so don't have any experience with that dialogue, but expect it would be the same.

        Regards, Dave S

        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 20, 2005
          --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Laarman" <v.c.laarman@g...>
          wrote:

          > Jock (afton370@y...), Friday, December 09, 2005 11:48 PM
          >
          > > i) Control+f used to bring up the search box. It no longer does.
          > >
          > > ii) Occasionally, on running the programme, Open File, the
          programme
          > > hangs for anything up to a minute before showing the file
          > > dialogue. XP advises that Note Tab is not responding.
          > >
          > > Note Tab Pro.
          > > Windows XP Home SP2
          > > Athlon 3000+
          > > 512M memory.
          >
          > i) Ctrl-F doesn't work with me - until I have a file loaded.

          Doesn't work for me, file or no file! It isn't a great problem, as
          there's the binoculars on the toolbar. I just wondered ...

          > ii) On start-up Note Tab may try to poll its web site for
          messages. Your firewall settings may interfere.

          Could be. I'll look into that.

          Thanks.

          --
          Jock.
        • Jock
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 20, 2005
            --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "David Smart" <smartware@o...> wrote:

            > Is it just NoteTab that gives this delay? Try other programs too.

            Just NoteTab.

            > One source of delay can be mapped network drives from computers that
            are not instantly accessible from the computer. The standard file
            open/save dialogues seem to attempt a connection with all mapped
            drives and need to time out if they get no response.

            None mapped. D: goes to sleep after 20 minutes, but no other
            programme takes a minute to wake it up.

            --
            Jock.