Re: [NTB] Replacing Notepad with NoteTab Light v.4.95

  • Lee Underwood
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 9, 2005
      Jody,

      Could you also send me a copy of the attachment? Thanks!

      lee

      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 9, 2005
        Hi Lee,

        >Could you also send me a copy of the attachment? Thanks!

        Sure! If anybody else wants it please write me a private email.

        >lee
        >
        >On 12/8/2005 05:24 PM, Jody wrote:
        >
        >>Hi ayezeeone,
        >>
        >>- Using/Testing a New Clipbook Library to toggle Notepad on/off.
        >>- Discussion of Why You Want to use Replace MS Notepad
        >>- XP SP2 Microsoft Windows File Protection (WFP) Warnings
        >>- Associate txt files via Options | Associations
        >>- Making IE Use NoteTab via the Utilities Library
        >>- Manual Replacement/NoteTab Discussion Mailing Lists
        >>- XP SP2 Notepad Locations, Order to Delete Them

        Happy Topics,
        Jody

        The NoteTab Off-Topic List

        http://www.fookes.us/maillist.htm
      • Keith Johnson
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 9, 2005
          --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "ayezeeone" <ayezeeone@y...> wrote:

          > Yes, I realize you've probably had this question 5000 times, but I
          > just don't have time to search through a million more posts. I
          found
          > one page here with a link which was supposed to supply the answer,
          but
          > the link was no good.
          >
          > So, when in NoteTab v.4.95, and I click on "Help" and then click
          > on "Replace MS Notepad" and go through that step, it doesn't
          replace
          > Notepad with NoteTab afterall.
          >
          > Do I need to rename Notepad's and NoteTab's extensions?
          >
          > I'm aware that WFP may be preventing the replacement, but tips on
          how
          > to get around this would be appreciated.
          >
          > Matter of fact, any help here is appreciated.

          Hi..New Member but have had the program for awhile. I couldn't get
          it to change this way either. You probably have it figured out by
          now but what I did was open Internet Explorer, went to Tools, folder
          options, file types, scrolled down to the TXT on the left and
          changed the program that you open files with this extension with.
          You can always click on the restore button if you change your
          mind..Did I tell you that I use WinXP..Hope this is what you are
          talking about? If not Sorry...Keithmj