Re: [NTB] Need help reformatting text for line length

    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 29, 2005
      Hi Dan,

      >Could somebody give a simple series of steps to reformat text to a
      >fixed line length, say 65 characters, when it has already been
      >formatted to a shorter length, say 60 characters.
      >
      >I tried "Reformat Lines" but it doesn't "lengthen" the lines from 60
      >to 65. I have WordWrap set at 65 in Options, but I'm wanting to redo
      >some earlier 60 character articles to the new line length.

      In order for Reformat Lines to work correctly all the time you need to
      uncheck the box, Wrap to Column. You can then do Modify | Lines | Reformat
      Lines to whatever you want. I just have it on my Toolbar and is one of my
      most frequently tools. I never mess with Wrap to Column - too much work
      involved getting in/out of it. But, to each their own. If it works fine for
      you, use it.

      Happy Tab'n,