"Enter" has stopped working

  • grandstaffnc
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 25, 2005
      I must have activated a feature by hitting a key accidentally, but
      the "cursor" is a solid blinking "block" and "Enter" is not working
      (instead of inserting a new paragraph, hitting Enter simply moves down
      a line, leaving the text as it is).

      I'm a newbie using Notetab Pro.

      Hope somebody can help because I have to go back to Notepad until I
      get this fixed!
    • hsavage
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 25, 2005
        grandstaffnc wrote:
        > I must have activated a feature by hitting a key accidentally, but
        > the "cursor" is a solid blinking "block" and "Enter" is not working
        > (instead of inserting a new paragraph, hitting Enter simply moves down
        > a line, leaving the text as it is).
        >
        > I'm a newbie using Notetab Pro.
        >
        > Hope somebody can help because I have to go back to Notepad until I
        > get this fixed!

        Sounds as if you've just accidentally switched into 'overwrite mode',
        press the 'Insert' key on the number pad to switch back.

        ºvº
        05.11.25
        hrs > hsavage@...
      • Don - htmlfixit.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 25, 2005
          grandstaffnc wrote:
          > I must have activated a feature by hitting a key accidentally, but
          > the "cursor" is a solid blinking "block" and "Enter" is not working
          > (instead of inserting a new paragraph, hitting Enter simply moves down
          > a line, leaving the text as it is).

          push the insert button a second time to toggle it back off
          please never ever use notepad again ... ;-)