What can notetab do for me?

  • lynneed56
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 25 8:13 AM
      Hiya all and welcome.

      I know that Notetab is a useful tool, but I'm not sure how to use nor
      what it can do for me. I'm currently writing a book and want to know
      how notetab can speed up this process, as I'm trying to amalgamate
      material from lots of different sources.

      Can anyone help please?

      Regards, Lynnee
    • rpdooling
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 25 4:12 PM
        Dear Lynee

        For starters you can have as many files open as you want. It's fast
        and solid. Impossible to describe all the features.

        Based on you being a writer, I recommend you go to HELP | HELP TOPICS
        | How . . . | and then look at "Manage Documents" and "Create Outline
        Docs"

        Outlines are text files with "headings" These headings can be
        chapters or plot points or story beats or topics that you handle. The
        choice is yours.

        Hope that helps. If you have problems, try to thoroughly and
        specifically state what's on your mind and others will help you.

        Good luck,

        rd
        www.dooling.com

        --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "lynneed56" <lynneed56@y...> wrote:

        > Hiya all and welcome.
        >
        > I know that Notetab is a useful tool, but I'm not sure how to use nor
        > what it can do for me. I'm currently writing a book and want to know
        > how notetab can speed up this process, as I'm trying to amalgamate
        > material from lots of different sources.
        >
        > Can anyone help please?
        >
        > Regards, Lynnee

      • haydn1947
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 26 5:21 PM
          I migrated to NoteTab after using ConText. ConText had this very
          unfortunate habit of crashing and destroying BOTH the source AND the
          backup in one swell foop. I would typically spend the rest of the day
          rebuilding the source file from my own archived backups. I railed at
          the ConText developers over and over that this was unacceptable
          behavior regardless of the cause. Reporting this on the ConText user
          forum I was outshouted by the ConText cheerleaders who concluded that
          since THEY hadn't seen the problem, it therefore didn't exist and it
          must be MY fault. I abandoned that piece of dreck and began using
          NoteTab and have never regretted it.