Re: Replacing tags in an xml file

  • rpdooling
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 18, 2005
      Matthew,

      Try <contacts>\a*</contacts> and check the regular expression box

      See Regular Expressions for NoteTab's flavors under Help.

      If you just want to remove everything between those tags, just leave
      replace empty. Or at most perhaps a ^p for spacing.

      rpd

      --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "ma_southwark" <mabbott@b...> wrote:

      > HI
      >
      > I'm a new user to NoteTab and am trying to work out ho to do the
      > following.
      >
      > I want to remove all occurances of a tag <Contacts></Contacts> from an
      > xml file. The tag has several child tags underneath it. Is this
      > possible using Notetab and if so what is the replace statement I need
      > to use?
      >
      > Tahnks
      >
      > Matthew

    • rpdooling
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 25, 2005
        Matthew,

        If you're still there, that first solution is an error because it is
        too "greedy" in regular expression parlance. Try this instead:

        <Contacts>[^<]+</Contacts>

        Be sure to check the regular expression box in notetab's replace
        dialogue box.

        Good tutorial on regex with an example like your problem at:

        http://www.evolt.org/article/rating/20/22700/