Re: [NTB] Templates as Outlines

  • rpdooling
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 18, 2005
      Donald,

      If you create a new outline, modify it according to your needs, and
      then save it as a template, using the "Save As" dialogue box (select
      "Text Template" and remove the .otl extension), the file will be saved
      as an outline template with a .tpl extension. When you open the
      template, it opens as an outline, least it does on my machine.

      rpd

      --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "donaldhines" <tr6vb6z02@s...> wrote:

      > --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, Mike Brown <brownstudy@g...> wrote:
      > > What happens if you make your template file read-only?
      >
      > But since Notetab doesn't actually write to the template, why would
      > that make a difference?
      >
      > Donald Hines

    • donaldhines
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 13, 2005
        --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "rpdooling" <rpdooling@y...> wrote:
        >If you create a new outline, modify it according to your needs,
        >and then save it as a template, using the "Save As" dialogue
        >box (select "Text Template" and remove the .otl extension), the
        >file will be saved as an outline template with a .tpl extension.

        Sorry for the long delay in response, but thanks!!!! This works!

        Donald