Re: [NTB] Templates as Outlines

  • donaldhines
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 18, 2005
      --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, Mike Brown <brownstudy@g...> wrote:
      > What happens if you make your template file read-only?

      But since Notetab doesn't actually write to the template, why would
      that make a difference?

      Donald Hines
    • rpdooling
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 18, 2005
        Donald,

        If you create a new outline, modify it according to your needs, and
        then save it as a template, using the "Save As" dialogue box (select
        "Text Template" and remove the .otl extension), the file will be saved
        as an outline template with a .tpl extension. When you open the
        template, it opens as an outline, least it does on my machine.

        rpd

        --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "donaldhines" <tr6vb6z02@s...> wrote:

        > --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, Mike Brown <brownstudy@g...> wrote:
        > > What happens if you make your template file read-only?
        >
        > But since Notetab doesn't actually write to the template, why would
        > that make a difference?
        >
        > Donald Hines

      • donaldhines
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 13, 2005
          --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "rpdooling" <rpdooling@y...> wrote:
          >If you create a new outline, modify it according to your needs,
          >and then save it as a template, using the "Save As" dialogue
          >box (select "Text Template" and remove the .otl extension), the
          >file will be saved as an outline template with a .tpl extension.

          Sorry for the long delay in response, but thanks!!!! This works!

          Donald