Re: [NTB] Templates as Outlines

  • dave
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 18, 2005
      Hi
      Why not set up your titles that you want ,save it to your hard disc as an
      otl, make it a favorite and every time you want one rename the title to what
      you want.
      THANKYOU DAVE

      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 18, 2005
        --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "dave" <dmc43959@b...> wrote:
        > Why not set up your titles that you want ,save it to your hard
        > disc as an otl, make it a favorite and every time you want one
        > rename the title to what you want.

        Yes, thats exactly the issue. If the Template will open as an outline
        document, then it might have some advantage of use, but otherwise, I'm
        better off using another solution. I'll probably just write a clip
        because then I can name the document, create it and open it all from
        one wizard, and put a button on the clip bar for ease of use.

        BUT, it seems odd that the Template won't create an outline, and I
        thought perhaps I was just mis-using it somehow.

        Thanks!

        Donald Hines
      • Mike Brown
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 18, 2005
          What happens if you make your template file read-only? Will Notetab open it
          as you expect it to? (I don't have NT at my workplace PC, so just guessing.)

        • donaldhines
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 18, 2005
            --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, Mike Brown <brownstudy@g...> wrote:
            > What happens if you make your template file read-only?

            But since Notetab doesn't actually write to the template, why would
            that make a difference?

            Donald Hines
          • rpdooling
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 18, 2005
              Donald,

              If you create a new outline, modify it according to your needs, and
              then save it as a template, using the "Save As" dialogue box (select
              "Text Template" and remove the .otl extension), the file will be saved
              as an outline template with a .tpl extension. When you open the
              template, it opens as an outline, least it does on my machine.

              rpd

              --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "donaldhines" <tr6vb6z02@s...> wrote:

              > --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, Mike Brown <brownstudy@g...> wrote:
              > > What happens if you make your template file read-only?
              >
              > But since Notetab doesn't actually write to the template, why would
              > that make a difference?
              >
              > Donald Hines

            • donaldhines
              Message 6 of 6 , Dec 13, 2005
                --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "rpdooling" <rpdooling@y...> wrote:
                >If you create a new outline, modify it according to your needs,
                >and then save it as a template, using the "Save As" dialogue
                >box (select "Text Template" and remove the .otl extension), the
                >file will be saved as an outline template with a .tpl extension.

                Sorry for the long delay in response, but thanks!!!! This works!

                Donald