Re: [NTB] Double-clicking files won't open in NT

  • ancestrallifestyle
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 14, 2005
      --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "Greg Chapman" <greg@e...> wrote:

      > Hi Diane,
      >
      > > I'm running NoteTab Light on XP HE SP2. In the last few days, if
      > > double-click a text file in My Docs, and NT is already open, the
      focus
      > > changes to NT but the file doesn't load. I have to use File >
      Open or the
      > > Open icon on the toolbar.
      > >
      > > If NT is closed and I double click a file, it opens and loads
      the file OK.

      > That's exactly the behaviour I've been having for perhaps three
      years,
      > certainly through WinME, XPhome and XPHomeSP2. I raised it here a
      while
      > ago, when someone else reported it but, if there was a cure
      suggested, I
      > missed it! :-(
      >
      > Greg

      I also experienced this problem for some time and I found the
      solution in NoteTab's "Known Issues" Help section after being
      directed to it by another post in this forum that I discovered. Here
      it is:

      If you attempt to open multiple files associated with NoteTab with
      the Windows Explorer "Open" command, you may encounter problems if
      NoteTab is not yet running and is configured to disable multiple
      instances. Usually, in this case, some of the files will not be
      opened in NoteTab. The solution is to use the "Send To" command
      instead. The Utilities Clipbook library includes a command
      [under "NoteTab Shortcuts"] to create such a shortcut to NoteTab.
      The "Send To" command has the advantage of being much faster and
      more reliable than the "Open" command when you have several files
      selected for opening.