shared files inconsistent

  • okpomp
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 12, 2005
      my friend (at a remote location)and i are working on an html
      document. as we progress, we send a copy of our updated work to each
      other. we have noticed that the row numbers of a document do not
      match each other even though we may both have the same document in
      front of us. this complicates matters in referncing lines of text.
      we use yahoo im to share the files.

      is there a solution to make the row #s be the same at both locations?