Re: [NTB] do NoteTab Light allows tabulations in the ruler ?

  • Don Daugherty
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 20, 2005
      flojip wrote:

      >Windows XP Home
      >NoteTab Light 4.95 Freeware
      >-----
      >I apologize for disturbing you :
      >I've spent hours and hours in order to find the way
      >to put some tabulations on the ruler of the text files

      Hi,
      I think what you want is listed under Tab-stop settings in the Help menu:
      /***** Menu quote starts here: *****
      Tab Size/: Text Tab size. You can set multiple tab sizes in NoteTab Std
      by separating each value with a semi-colon (;). Values must be ordered
      in increasing sizes and represent the distance from the left margin.

      /Tab Units/ (only available in NoteTab Light/Std): Defines units used
      for tab size.

      /Type Tab/ (only available in NoteTab Pro): You can change the behavior
      of the editor by changing this option. If the tab type is set to Real,
      pressing <Tab> inserts a "real" tab character into the document. If the
      tab type is set to Fixed, pressing <Tab> inserts enough spaces to move
      the cursor to the next tab stop. (This is called "fixed tabs" because
      the position of existing text will not change if the tab size is later
      changed, as it does if real tabs are used.) If the tab type is set to
      Smart, spaces are also inserted into the document, but the positions of
      the tab stops are a function of the positions of the words in the
      previous line.
      /***** Menu quote ends here: *****/

      As you see there, the Default settings for tab-stops and are set or
      changed by going to the main menu and clicking View>Options>Documents.
      These values will apply to all new documents and to any old documents
      that don't have their own specific settings.

      To set specific values which apply to a particular document that is open
      in NoteTab, go to the main menu and click on Document>Properties.

      In either of these case you enter a number or a series of numbers into
      Tab Size. I use Pro and can only enter one number, e.g. "5" -- the
      distance between consecutive tab-stop points. In Std/Light you can list
      a series of regular or irregular tab-stop points, e.g. "5; 10; 15; 20;
      25; 30" or "5; 10; 17; 21; 50", and you can also (via Tab Units) specify
      whether these represent character-widths or any of several other
      measures of distance from the left margin.

      I hope this is what you were looking for. If not let us know!
    • apw@ap-woolrich.co.uk
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 20, 2005
        Are there any clip libraries for special character scripts like
        Greek, Hebrew, decent designed fractions etc, etc.? I use NoteTab
        Pro for coding up texts for Wikipedia and Wikisource, particularly
        on Wikisource I need code up the specials by hand, which means
        looking them up and typing them in, which is time consuming.
        Many thanks

        Tony Woolrich
        Canal Side, Huntworth, Bridgwater, Somerset UK
        Phone (44) 01278 663020
        Email apw@...

      • loro
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 21, 2005
          Tony Woolrich wrote:
          >Are there any clip libraries for special character scripts like
          >Greek, Hebrew, decent designed fractions etc, etc.? I use NoteTab
          >Pro for coding up texts for Wikipedia and Wikisource, particularly
          >on Wikisource I need code up the specials by hand, which means
          >looking them up and typing them in, which is time consuming.

          Do you mean the actual characters or HTML entities? I think there are few
          of both kinds at the clip repository.
          http://notetab.com/libraries.php

          If they don't cover your needs you could just add the characters to your
          own library as you look them up.

          Lotta
        • JPB
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 21, 2005
            sincerely I do thank you
            and once more I apologize !
            Now it looks so evident !

            I think i've been drowned by the lenght of the text in the Help Menu,
            (my english practice is not much improved)
            so that i didn't pay attention.

            Thank you very much for your very kind help,
            I am very happy to get this information.

            Jean-Pierre

            --- Don Daugherty <ddaugherty@...> a écrit :
            ---------------------------------
            flojip wrote:

            >Windows XP Home
            >NoteTab Light 4.95 Freeware
            >-----
            >I apologize for disturbing you :
            >I've spent hours and hours in order to find the way
            >to put some tabulations on the ruler of the text files

            Hi,
            I think what you want is listed under Tab-stop settings in the Help menu:
            /***** Menu quote starts here: *****
            Tab Size/: Text Tab size. You can set multiple tab sizes in NoteTab Std
            by separating each value with a semi-colon (;). Values must be ordered
            in increasing sizes and represent the distance from the left margin.

            /Tab Units/ (only available in NoteTab Light/Std): Defines units used
            for tab size.

            /Type Tab/ (only available in NoteTab Pro): You can change the behavior
            of the editor by changing this option. If the tab type is set to Real,
            pressing <Tab> inserts a "real" tab character into the document. If the
            tab type is set to Fixed, pressing <Tab> inserts enough spaces to move
            the cursor to the next tab stop. (This is called "fixed tabs" because
            the position of existing text will not change if the tab size is later
            changed, as it does if real tabs are used.) If the tab type is set to
            Smart, spaces are also inserted into the document, but the positions of
            the tab stops are a function of the positions of the words in the
            previous line.
            /***** Menu quote ends here: *****/

            As you see there, the Default settings for tab-stops and are set or
            changed by going to the main menu and clicking View>Options>Documents.
            These values will apply to all new documents and to any old documents
            that don't have their own specific settings.

            To set specific values which apply to a particular document that is open
            in NoteTab, go to the main menu and click on Document>Properties.

            In either of these case you enter a number or a series of numbers into
            Tab Size. I use Pro and can only enter one number, e.g. "5" -- the
            distance between consecutive tab-stop points. In Std/Light you can list
            a series of regular or irregular tab-stop points, e.g. "5; 10; 15; 20;
            25; 30" or "5; 10; 17; 21; 50", and you can also (via Tab Units) specify
            whether these represent character-widths or any of several other
            measures of distance from the left margin.

            I hope this is what you were looking for. If not let us know!

            Computer monitoring software
            Computer software industry
            Computer and internet software