Change color or shape of cursor?

  • Kevin Galazen
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 10, 2005
      Is there a way to change the color or shape of the cursor in NoteTab?
      I've checked all of the option tabs and searched help with no luck. I
      understand that the shape changes from a line to a block in overwrite,
      but I prefer to work in Insert mode. Due to recent vision problems, I
      need to change to something other than black text on a white background.
      There are hundreds of color options available, but when I switch to a
      dark background with light text (which is best for my eyes) the cursor
      becomes next to invisible in Insert mode. Any suggestions?

      Thanks,

      Kg
    • Greg Chapman
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 11, 2005
        Hi Kevin,

        > Is there a way to change the color or shape of the cursor in NoteTab?

        No!

        You'll need to explore the mouse options under Windows Control Panel and see
        if an alternative pointer scheme suits you better.

        I believe it should then be possible to use a clip within NoteTab to select
        your preferred pointer scheme - and reselect your original before you quite
        NoteTab - but I'm not a clip expert, so you'll need to ask others for
        guidance on how to achieve that.

        Greg
      • Kevin Galazen
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 11, 2005
          Thanks Greg, I'll focus on the OS end of the problem. Glad to know I
          hadn't missed anything all these years. I love NoteTab and use it every
          day.

          >>> greg@... 10/11/05 4:15 AM >>>
          Hi Kevin,

          > Is there a way to change the color or shape of the cursor in NoteTab?

          No! You'll need to explore the mouse options under Windows Control Panel
          and see if an alternative pointer scheme suits you better. -Greg
        • tuxtyro
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 11, 2005
            --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "Kevin Galazen" <KGalazen@c...> wrote:

            > Is there a way to change the color or shape of the cursor in NoteTab?
            > I've checked all of the option tabs and searched help with no luck. I
            > understand that the shape changes from a line to a block in overwrite,
            > but I prefer to work in Insert mode. Due to recent vision problems, I
            > need to change to something other than black text on a white background.
            > There are hundreds of color options available, but when I switch to a
            > dark background with light text (which is best for my eyes) the cursor
            > becomes next to invisible in Insert mode. Any suggestions?
            >
            > Thanks,
            >
            > Kg

            If you're using XP or 2000, you can try

            http://www.stardock.com/products/cursorxp/

            It's only $10 and offers a good variety of cursor themes, effects and
            sounds to pick from. I love it!