I'am stumped.

  • hotjobslogin
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 9, 2005
      I'm hoping you can help me.
      I have a number of folders that have many records in them.
      The records are "file type" so there isn't an extention like .txt or
      .html etc.

      I need to add a date and time starting in the first position of each
      file in the folder.

      i.e. yyyymmddhhmmss|

      yyyy = year
      mm = month
      dd = day
      hh = hour
      mm = min
      ss = sec
      | = delimiter

      I want to do this in a batch mode.

      I have looked through all the clips and cannot find a script that
      looks like it could be modified to perform this task.
      Do you happen to know of a clip that is close to what I'm looking for?
      I'm not to bad a modifing clips just building them from scratch. :)

      Thank You
    • hsavage
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 9, 2005
        hotjobslogin wrote:
        > I'm hoping you can help me.
        > I have a number of folders that have many records in them.
        > The records are "file type" so there isn't an extention like .txt or
        > .html etc.
        >
        > I need to add a date and time starting in the first position of each
        > file in the folder.
        >
        > i.e. yyyymmddhhmmss|
        >
        > yyyy = year
        > mm = month
        > dd = day
        > hh = hour
        > mm = min
        > ss = sec
        > | = delimiter
        >
        > I want to do this in a batch mode.
        >
        > I have looked through all the clips >
        > Thank You

        hjli,

        You can download a renaming utility as DAVE recommends, they are very
        useful.

        If you only want to rename files in a folder by adding the time and date
        down to the second as a prefix the clip below will serve.

        It will operate in the folder you select, take care to select the
        correct folder, and will add the prefix to 'every' file in that folder.

        I don't know what you had in mind by listing the delimiter but the
        vertical bar is a forbidden character in filenames. I replaced it with
        an underscore_ as a date_name separator.
        ===========

        H="Date_Prefix"
        ^!SetWordWrap 0
        ^!Set %date%=^[yyyymmddhhnnss^]_
        ; enter your own starting folder instead of mine in next line
        ^!Set %file_path%=^?{(T=D)Choose Folder Containing Subject
        Files=C:\startfolder\subfolder\}
        ^!SetListDelimiter ;
        ^!Set %files%=^$GetFiles("^%file_path%";"*.*";name)$
        ^!If ^%files%=^%EMPTY% END
        ^!Set %files%=^$StrReplace("^%file_path%";^%empty%;^%files%;0;0)$
        ^!SetArray %files%=^%files%
        ^!Set %idx%=0; %cnt%=^%files0%
        :LOOP
        ^!Inc %idx%
        ;
        ^!RenameFile "^%file_path%^%files^%idx%%"
        "^%file_path%^%date%^%files^%idx%%"
        ;
        ^!If ^%idx% = ^%cnt% EXIT ELSE LOOP

        ºvº