Re: [NTB] file naming

  • tuxtyro
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 8, 2005
      I get the where, it's the PARTICULARS of the naming itself. WHAT
      FORMATTING INSTRUCTIONS GO INTO THE BOX THAT WOULD TAKE THE FIRST LINE
      OF THE DOCUMENT AS THE FILENAME? Again, i repeat- HOW DO I ASSIGN THE
      OPENING TEXT OF A FILE AS THE NAME; WHAT IS IT THAT I PUT IN THE BOX?
      Putting in a particular name will give a single repeating name to ALL
      files; not desireable.Variations of <FileName> gives 'FileName' as the
      name.
      Again, to make sure that i am clearly presenting what it is i'm
      after- when saving a Word document, it will grab the first text
      present in the document and offer it as a title for the doc after
      'Save As' is selected. I am after the appropriate formatting
      instructions to yield the same results for NoteTab txt files. Is there
      anyone who can give me an answer that tells me something useful, please?
      --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, Hugo Paulissen <hugopaulissen@s...> wrote:

      > tuxtyro wrote:
      >
      > > I'd like to know how to change the naming convention from
      > ><NoName%0.2d> to something that will take the opening text of a file
      > >and assign that as the name. I can't seem to figure out the right
      > >

      > Go to options, and select the "general" tab. New name format...
      >
      > Regards,
      >
      > Hugo

    • hsavage
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 8, 2005
        tuxtyro wrote:
        > Greetings from a newcomer to the list!
        > I'd like to know how to change the naming convention from
        > <NoName%0.2d> to something that will take the opening text of a file
        > and assign that as the name. I can't seem to figure out the right
        > addressing parameter to get it to work. Anyone already gone through
        > this? Thanks.

        tux,

        I could be wrong but, I don't think there's a way to do this, other than
        manual cut and paste or with the use of a clip. The would exclude using
        any of the built in saving conventions, at least, until after the text
        file was renamed.

        ºvº
        05.10.09
        hrs > hsavage@...