Re: [NTB] file naming

  • Hugo Paulissen
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 7, 2005
      tuxtyro wrote:

      > I'd like to know how to change the naming convention from
      ><NoName%0.2d> to something that will take the opening text of a file
      >and assign that as the name. I can't seem to figure out the right

      Go to options, and select the "general" tab. New name format...

      Regards,

      Hugo
    • tuxtyro
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 8, 2005
        I get the where, it's the PARTICULARS of the naming itself. WHAT
        FORMATTING INSTRUCTIONS GO INTO THE BOX THAT WOULD TAKE THE FIRST LINE
        OF THE DOCUMENT AS THE FILENAME? Again, i repeat- HOW DO I ASSIGN THE
        OPENING TEXT OF A FILE AS THE NAME; WHAT IS IT THAT I PUT IN THE BOX?
        Putting in a particular name will give a single repeating name to ALL
        files; not desireable.Variations of <FileName> gives 'FileName' as the
        name.
        Again, to make sure that i am clearly presenting what it is i'm
        after- when saving a Word document, it will grab the first text
        present in the document and offer it as a title for the doc after
        'Save As' is selected. I am after the appropriate formatting
        instructions to yield the same results for NoteTab txt files. Is there
        anyone who can give me an answer that tells me something useful, please?
        --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, Hugo Paulissen <hugopaulissen@s...> wrote:

        > tuxtyro wrote:
        >
        > > I'd like to know how to change the naming convention from
        > ><NoName%0.2d> to something that will take the opening text of a file
        > >and assign that as the name. I can't seem to figure out the right
        > >

        > Go to options, and select the "general" tab. New name format...
        >
        > Regards,
        >
        > Hugo

      • hsavage
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 8, 2005
          tuxtyro wrote:
          > Greetings from a newcomer to the list!
          > I'd like to know how to change the naming convention from
          > <NoName%0.2d> to something that will take the opening text of a file
          > and assign that as the name. I can't seem to figure out the right
          > addressing parameter to get it to work. Anyone already gone through
          > this? Thanks.

          tux,

          I could be wrong but, I don't think there's a way to do this, other than
          manual cut and paste or with the use of a clip. The would exclude using
          any of the built in saving conventions, at least, until after the text
          file was renamed.

          ºvº
          05.10.09
          hrs > hsavage@...