file naming

  • tuxtyro
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 7, 2005
      Greetings from a newcomer to the list!
      I'd like to know how to change the naming convention from
      <NoName%0.2d> to something that will take the opening text of a file
      and assign that as the name. I can't seem to figure out the right
      addressing parameter to get it to work. Anyone already gone through
      this? Thanks.
    • Hugo Paulissen
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 7, 2005
        tuxtyro wrote:

        > I'd like to know how to change the naming convention from
        ><NoName%0.2d> to something that will take the opening text of a file
        >and assign that as the name. I can't seem to figure out the right

        Go to options, and select the "general" tab. New name format...

        Regards,

        Hugo
      • tuxtyro
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 8, 2005
          I get the where, it's the PARTICULARS of the naming itself. WHAT
          FORMATTING INSTRUCTIONS GO INTO THE BOX THAT WOULD TAKE THE FIRST LINE
          OF THE DOCUMENT AS THE FILENAME? Again, i repeat- HOW DO I ASSIGN THE
          OPENING TEXT OF A FILE AS THE NAME; WHAT IS IT THAT I PUT IN THE BOX?
          Putting in a particular name will give a single repeating name to ALL
          files; not desireable.Variations of <FileName> gives 'FileName' as the
          name.
          Again, to make sure that i am clearly presenting what it is i'm
          after- when saving a Word document, it will grab the first text
          present in the document and offer it as a title for the doc after
          'Save As' is selected. I am after the appropriate formatting
          instructions to yield the same results for NoteTab txt files. Is there
          anyone who can give me an answer that tells me something useful, please?
          --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, Hugo Paulissen <hugopaulissen@s...> wrote:

          > tuxtyro wrote:
          >
          > > I'd like to know how to change the naming convention from
          > ><NoName%0.2d> to something that will take the opening text of a file
          > >and assign that as the name. I can't seem to figure out the right
          > >

          > Go to options, and select the "general" tab. New name format...
          >
          > Regards,
          >
          > Hugo

        • hsavage
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 8, 2005
            tuxtyro wrote:
            > Greetings from a newcomer to the list!
            > I'd like to know how to change the naming convention from
            > <NoName%0.2d> to something that will take the opening text of a file
            > and assign that as the name. I can't seem to figure out the right
            > addressing parameter to get it to work. Anyone already gone through
            > this? Thanks.

            tux,

            I could be wrong but, I don't think there's a way to do this, other than
            manual cut and paste or with the use of a clip. The would exclude using
            any of the built in saving conventions, at least, until after the text
            file was renamed.

            ºvº
            05.10.09
            hrs > hsavage@...