Re: [NTB] REGEXP clip programming search/replace of % values

  • sisterscape
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 7, 2005
      Why not just use Modify > Change html tags > all lower case?

      --- luisegalvez <luisegalvez@...> wrote:

      > I'm trying to incorporate a search/replace in clip programming and
      > need
      > to know how to use a regular expression to replace the following:
      >
      > WIDTH=100%
      >
      > with
      >
      > width="100%"
      >
      > regardless of what percentage value is used (100%, 75%, 30%, etc.)
      >
      > Please advise.

      __________________________________
      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Hugo Paulissen
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 7, 2005
        ^!Replace "{Width=}{\d+\%}" >> "\1"\2"" WARSI

        >Why not just use Modify > Change html tags > all lower case?

        Because he needs to add the quotation marks...

        Hugo

        >>I'm trying to incorporate a search/replace in clip programming and
        >>need
        >>to know how to use a regular expression to replace the following:
        >>
        >> WIDTH=100%
        >>
        >>with
        >>
        >> width="100%"
        >>
        >>regardless of what percentage value is used (100%, 75%, 30%, etc.)
        >>
        >>Please advise.

      • hsavage
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 7, 2005
          luisegalvez wrote:
          > I'm trying to incorporate a search/replace in clip programming and need
          > to know how to use a regular expression to replace the following:
          >
          > WIDTH=100%
          >
          > with
          >
          > width="100%"
          >
          > regardless of what percentage value is used (100%, 75%, 30%, etc.)
          >
          > Please advise.

          Luis,

          If you insist on regex we can probably work it out, but, you don't need
          it. I'm assuming you're wanting to use a clip. The following command
          should do nicely.

          ^!Replace "WIDTH=" >> "width=" WSA

          ºvº
          05.10.07
          hrs > hsavage@...
        • Hugo Paulissen
          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 7, 2005
            Sorry Luise, you're probably a she...

            I focused too much on the quotes, and ignored your question for the
            lowercase.

            ^!Replace "WIDTH={\d+\%}" >> "width="\1"" WARS

            Hugo

            >^!Replace "{Width=}{\d+\%}" >> "\1"\2"" WARSI
            >

            >>Why not just use Modify > Change html tags > all lower case?
            >>

            >Because he needs to add the quotation marks...
            >
            >Hugo
            >

            >>>I'm trying to incorporate a search/replace in clip programming and
            >>>need
            >>>to know how to use a regular expression to replace the following:
            >>>
            >>> WIDTH=100%
            >>>
            >>>with
            >>>
            >>> width="100%"
            >>>
            >>>regardless of what percentage value is used (100%, 75%, 30%, etc.)
            >>>
            >>>Please advise.

            >Yahoo! Groups Links

          • loro
            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 7, 2005
              Hugo Paulissen wrote:
              >sisterscape wrote
              > >Why not just use Modify > Change html tags > all lower case?
              > >

              >Because he needs to add the quotation marks...

              Change HTML tags | To Lower Case actually does that. I didn't know either.

              Lotta
            • Hugo Paulissen
              Message 6 of 8 , Oct 7, 2005
                loro wrote:

                >Change HTML tags | To Lower Case actually does that. I didn't know either.
                >
                >Lotta

                Thanks, good to know (but it only does it if it is within a tag...)

                Hugo
              • loro
                Message 7 of 8 , Oct 7, 2005
                  Hugo Paulissen wrote:
                  >Thanks, good to know (but it only does it if it is within a tag...)

                  Don't thank me. I had no idea. Thank you, sisterscape. ;-)

                  Lotta