REGEXP clip programming search/replace of % values

  • luisegalvez
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 7, 2005
      I'm trying to incorporate a search/replace in clip programming and need
      to know how to use a regular expression to replace the following:

      WIDTH=100%

      with

      width="100%"

      regardless of what percentage value is used (100%, 75%, 30%, etc.)

      Please advise.
    • sisterscape
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 7, 2005
        Why not just use Modify > Change html tags > all lower case?

        --- luisegalvez <luisegalvez@...> wrote:

        > I'm trying to incorporate a search/replace in clip programming and
        > need
        > to know how to use a regular expression to replace the following:
        >
        > WIDTH=100%
        >
        > with
        >
        > width="100%"
        >
        > regardless of what percentage value is used (100%, 75%, 30%, etc.)
        >
        > Please advise.

        __________________________________
        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • Hugo Paulissen
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 7, 2005
          ^!Replace "{Width=}{\d+\%}" >> "\1"\2"" WARSI

          >Why not just use Modify > Change html tags > all lower case?

          Because he needs to add the quotation marks...

          Hugo

          >>I'm trying to incorporate a search/replace in clip programming and
          >>need
          >>to know how to use a regular expression to replace the following:
          >>
          >> WIDTH=100%
          >>
          >>with
          >>
          >> width="100%"
          >>
          >>regardless of what percentage value is used (100%, 75%, 30%, etc.)
          >>
          >>Please advise.

        • hsavage
          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 7, 2005
            luisegalvez wrote:
            > I'm trying to incorporate a search/replace in clip programming and need
            > to know how to use a regular expression to replace the following:
            >
            > WIDTH=100%
            >
            > with
            >
            > width="100%"
            >
            > regardless of what percentage value is used (100%, 75%, 30%, etc.)
            >
            > Please advise.

            Luis,

            If you insist on regex we can probably work it out, but, you don't need
            it. I'm assuming you're wanting to use a clip. The following command
            should do nicely.

            ^!Replace "WIDTH=" >> "width=" WSA

            ºvº
            05.10.07
            hrs > hsavage@...
          • Hugo Paulissen
            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 7, 2005
              Sorry Luise, you're probably a she...

              I focused too much on the quotes, and ignored your question for the
              lowercase.

              ^!Replace "WIDTH={\d+\%}" >> "width="\1"" WARS

              Hugo

              >^!Replace "{Width=}{\d+\%}" >> "\1"\2"" WARSI
              >

              >>Why not just use Modify > Change html tags > all lower case?
              >>

              >Because he needs to add the quotation marks...
              >
              >Hugo
              >

              >>>I'm trying to incorporate a search/replace in clip programming and
              >>>need
              >>>to know how to use a regular expression to replace the following:
              >>>
              >>> WIDTH=100%
              >>>
              >>>with
              >>>
              >>> width="100%"
              >>>
              >>>regardless of what percentage value is used (100%, 75%, 30%, etc.)
              >>>
              >>>Please advise.

              >Yahoo! Groups Links

            • loro
              Message 6 of 8 , Oct 7, 2005
                Hugo Paulissen wrote:
                >sisterscape wrote
                > >Why not just use Modify > Change html tags > all lower case?
                > >

                >Because he needs to add the quotation marks...

                Change HTML tags | To Lower Case actually does that. I didn't know either.

                Lotta
              • Hugo Paulissen
                Message 7 of 8 , Oct 7, 2005
                  loro wrote:

                  >Change HTML tags | To Lower Case actually does that. I didn't know either.
                  >
                  >Lotta

                  Thanks, good to know (but it only does it if it is within a tag...)

                  Hugo
                • loro
                  Message 8 of 8 , Oct 7, 2005
                    Hugo Paulissen wrote:
                    >Thanks, good to know (but it only does it if it is within a tag...)

                    Don't thank me. I had no idea. Thank you, sisterscape. ;-)

                    Lotta