Re: Tidy Not Working With NoteTab

  • xtx222003
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 6, 2005
      Hi All,

      Since I posted my question I came up with a good solution that does
      exactly what I wanted to do with tidy -- optimize my XHTML files, so
      I no longer care if tidy doesn't work with my NoteTab.

      I'm already validating each page with Igor Podlubny's off-line HTML
      Validator clipbook http://www.tuke.sk/podlubny/ov.html, so I know
      each page is valid markup.

      Here are the steps I came up with to optimize my file sizes by 42%:

      Optimized.htm
      9.15 kb original
      5.90 kb <!-- yada, yada --> removed with FARs www.helpware.net/FAR/
      Advanced Find & Replace. It would be nice if NoteTab had this
      advanced functionality, but I'm OK that it doesn't.
      5.82 kb ^T removed with NoteTab Search Disk
      5.39 kb ^P removed with NoteTab Search Disk
      5.36 kb replace > < with >< with NoteTab Search Disk
      ? kb replace "space space" with "space", with NoteTab Search Disk

      The new file is 58% of the original, 42% faster loading! Validates on
      & offline! The valid XHTML is not changed at all, but optimized as
      small as possible. Without wordwrap on, its one very long runon line.

      It only takes 1 or 2 minutes to process my project of 5,000 files
      9.15*5,000=45750
      45750*58%=26535
      45750-26535=19215
      19215 kb or 18.76 MB savings, or an additional capasity of 2,100
      files.

      If someone turns this into a clip, please let me know.

      Best Regards,
      Corl