Tidy Not Working With NoteTab

  • xtx222003
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 5, 2005
      Hi-- I have in NoteTab Pro's directory a copy of:

      tidy.exe, compiled 5/22/2005

      as well as Tidy.cfg --
      error-file: C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\errors.txt
      add-xml-pi: no
      add-xml-decl: no
      add-xml-space: no
      assume-xml-procins: yes
      break-before-br: no
      char-encoding: latin1
      clean: no
      doctype: loose
      drop-empty-paras: yes
      drop-font-tags: yes
      enclose-text: yes
      enclose-block-text: yes
      fix-backslash: yes
      hide-comments: no
      indent-attributes: no
      indent-spaces: 2
      indent: no
      input-xml: no
      keep-time: yes
      logical-emphasis: no
      markup: no
      numeric-entities: no
      output-xhtml: yes
      output-xml: no
      quiet: no
      quote-ampersand: yes
      quote-marks: no
      quote-nbsp: yes
      show-warnings: yes
      split: no
      tab-size: 2
      tidy-mark: no
      vertical-space: no
      word-2000: no
      wrap-asp: no
      wrap-php: no
      wrap-script-literals: no
      wrap: 0

      Plus, I changed the line in NotePro.ini to
      TidyExe=C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\tidy.exe
      as per
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/notetab/message/17450

      But, still tidy doesn't work from Tools>Tidy HTML Code, or CTRL+F7,
      or ALT+T+Y.

      Your insight will be greatly appreciated,
      Corl
    • xtx222003
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 6, 2005
        Hi All,

        Since I posted my question I came up with a good solution that does
        exactly what I wanted to do with tidy -- optimize my XHTML files, so
        I no longer care if tidy doesn't work with my NoteTab.

        I'm already validating each page with Igor Podlubny's off-line HTML
        Validator clipbook http://www.tuke.sk/podlubny/ov.html, so I know
        each page is valid markup.

        Here are the steps I came up with to optimize my file sizes by 42%:

        Optimized.htm
        9.15 kb original
        5.90 kb <!-- yada, yada --> removed with FARs www.helpware.net/FAR/
        Advanced Find & Replace. It would be nice if NoteTab had this
        advanced functionality, but I'm OK that it doesn't.
        5.82 kb ^T removed with NoteTab Search Disk
        5.39 kb ^P removed with NoteTab Search Disk
        5.36 kb replace > < with >< with NoteTab Search Disk
        ? kb replace "space space" with "space", with NoteTab Search Disk

        The new file is 58% of the original, 42% faster loading! Validates on
        & offline! The valid XHTML is not changed at all, but optimized as
        small as possible. Without wordwrap on, its one very long runon line.

        It only takes 1 or 2 minutes to process my project of 5,000 files
        9.15*5,000=45750
        45750*58%=26535
        45750-26535=19215
        19215 kb or 18.76 MB savings, or an additional capasity of 2,100
        files.

        If someone turns this into a clip, please let me know.

        Best Regards,
        Corl