Mac Support

  • njchatter
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 1, 2005
      Been a notetab pro user for years and love it. I'm thinking about
      moving from a pc to a mac. Will notetab work on macs? If not does
      anyone know of a comparable program that will. I love this program
      and would hate to give it up. Thanks, Linda
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 4, 2005
        Hi Linda,

        If you reply, please do so on the off topic list or at
        Jody@... TIA More...

        >Been a notetab pro user for years and love it. I'm thinking
        >about moving from a pc to a mac. Will notetab work on macs? If
        >not does anyone know of a comparable program that will. I love
        >this program and would hate to give it up. Thanks, Linda

        I'm sorry, but we don't have any software that will run directly on
        a MAC system. We have heard our programs run well on a MAC using
        emulator programs like Virtual PC. In short, anything that can run
        the standard PC Windows installations will run our software. It is
        strictly for your everyday run of the mill desktop and laptop PCs
        with the basic Windows installations.

        IMO, anybody that owns a MAC should get a good Windows emulator
        so that they can run Windows software. The better software
        feature-wise and a much larger selection is Windows based.

        From what I can gather BBEdit (BB Edit ?) is the text editor for
        MAC machines and I've been told it doesn't even get in the same
        class as NoteTab to be considered to be compared and is quite
        expensive. I think the Virtual PC (and there may be cheaper ones)
        is the best route to take, because you can run most, if not all
        your favorite Windows software with it).

        Happy Tab'n,