Re: [NTB] Re: Will Notetab Pro let me copy and paste from web pages and capture...

  • Don - htmlfixit.com
    Message 1 of 19 , Oct 1, 2005
      it may work in IE, I didn't try it. It doesn't seem to work in firefox
      for me.

      Here is a page that explains a little bit:
      http://www.squarefree.com/bookmarklets/

      What I do is make a link in a web page (to make a web page open a new
      file in notetab, then do modify/document to html/with paragraph tags.
      Insert an href tag and insert the bookmarklet as the url (all on one
      line). The descriptive text is what it will show as under bookmarks.
      Then either right click and add to bookmarks, or drag it to your links
      toolbar (my favorite as there is now a button to do it).
    • jorigami
      Message 2 of 19 , Oct 1, 2005
        --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "ken winston caine" <kwc@k...> wrote:
        > So this WILL work with IE and Notetab. Very cool. Now, forgive me, but can you explain what a bookmarklet is and how/where to install it?

        Managing bookmarks in IE is a mess, so easiest way to add bookmarklet
        is

        - on the Favorites menu, click Add to Favorites.
        - give it some meaningful name ("show links" maybe)
        - on the Favorites menu, click the new bookmark with right mouse button
        - select Properties
        - change URL to Javascript I posted

        I've tested this with Finnish language IE6SP1 with all patches.

        Jorma
      • jorigami
        Message 3 of 19 , Oct 1, 2005
          --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "Don - htmlfixit.com" <don@h...> wrote:
          > It doesn't seem to work in firefox for me.

          I guess it's time for me to update. I only use Ff for testing so I'm
          several releases behind the rest of the world.

          Jorma
        • jorigami
          Message 4 of 19 , Oct 1, 2005
            --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "jorigami" <jorma.oksanen@a...> wrote:
            > --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "Don - htmlfixit.com" <don@h...> wrote:
            > > It doesn't seem to work in firefox for me.
            >
            > I guess it's time for me to update. I only use Ff for testing so I'm
            > several releases behind the rest of the world.

            I updated to Ff 1.07 Finnish, it still works fine for me. No
            extensions except for Link Toolbar.

            Jorma
          • jorigami
            Message 5 of 19 , Oct 1, 2005
              --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "jorigami" <jorma.oksanen@a...> wrote:

              > Try this bookmarklet, it works in Opera, Firefox and IE.
              >
              > warning: one long line, make sure you get it all into bookmarklet URL
              >
              > javascript:(function(){var l=document.getElementsByTagName("a");for (var i=0;i<l.length;i++) {if (l[i].href!="") l[i].parentNode.insertBefore(document.createTextNode(" ["+l[i].href+"] "),l[i].nextSibling)}})();

              If you have trouble getting it work, try copying it from page

              http://www.sci.fi/~tenu/bookmarklets.htm

              You can try it first by clicking the link on page, if the JavaScript
              source apperars then it works as intended. Just click it with right
              mouse button and select "Add to Favourites".

              Jorma
            • ken winston caine
              Message 6 of 19 , Nov 29, 2005
                Just have to thank you again for this, Jorma. Been using it for a
                couple months and it's amazingly helpful in my work.

                Got it working in both Firefox and Internet Explorer. (Pop-up blocker
                was stopping it in Firefox.) Have it in the toolbar in Firefox now. No
                matter what webpage I'm on, I just click on the toolbar "Show Links"
                icon and the full path for every link on the page appears. Then I can
                Select All/Copy/Paste into Notetab and have the actual links in my
                Notetab file.

                Best,
                kwc