"Open Link" in Context/Right Click Menu

  • Jim Eoff
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 14, 2005
      When I select a web URL, Right Click, and do Open Link, the web page
      _replaces_ the page already open in my browser (if any) rather than
      opening in a separate window as is the behavior when I open a new page
      in my browser.

      I use Windows XP (Home Edition Version 2002, Service Pack 2) and the
      Opera browser (version 8.02). In Opera I have a setting to open links
      in new windows. I don't know if there is such a setting for Internet
      Explorer.

      Is there a setting within NoteTab Pro 4.95 to Open Links in a new
      window? If anyone knows of such a setting in IE I would be interested
      in that information, although Opera is my default browser.

      --
      Thank you,

      Jim Eoff
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 14, 2005
        Hi Jim,

        >Is there a setting within NoteTab Pro 4.95 to Open Links in a new
        >window? If anyone knows of such a setting in IE I would be
        >interested in that information, although Opera is my default
        >browser.

        Hold your mouse over the Main Browser icon to launch the document
        in your browser and read the status bar. It should say to hold
        the Ctrl key down to open in the same window. It should use a new
        window/tab depending on the browser by default, but then you have
        to consider the browser settings.

        To discuss the browsers, please do so on the Off Topic list. And
        now, for my reminder of how/where to post on the different lists
        that nobody probably reads. haha :-) It's been over a month since
        I last updated it, so if any of you have never read it before -
        please do. TIA

        You may sign up for the different Fookes Software discussion mailing
        lists from either of the links below. Please take a minute or so and
        read this. There are many lists and your help in posting messages
        properly to the different lists is greatly appreciated.

        _Please_ read the following to see what list to send messages to and
        some basic guidelines to follow. It is very important to keep the
        lists running efficiently, getting faster replies, getting replies
        from the best qualified/expert people, searching archives, and other
        things as well.

        - Use a descriptive Subject: line to begin with! This is important!
        Newbie Needs Help and similar Subject lines should be changed
        immediately to an appropriate Subject such as:

        Files Keep Opening When I Open NoteTab (was Re: [NTB] Newbie Needs Help)
        Basic Help With Web Pages (was Re: [NTB] Help)
        Need Clip to Reformat HTML <head>...</head> (was Re: [Clip] Need Clip)

        - Messages should be referred/redirected to the appropriate lists such as
        Clip questions to the Clips list, HTML to the ntb-HTML list. You can Cc:
        the sender of a Clips question and send your reply to the Clips list. Or,
        Reply and Cc: the Clips list stating you will Reply on the Clips list.

        - Delete text from your replies that is not needed to understand your
        reply - strip footers, and extra text that is not needed.

        - If the content of the messages change drastically from the Subject
        line, please change the Subject line or start a new Subject with
        the same message body of the last message received that you are
        replying to and changing the Subject. Don't forget to leave
        the original Subject in like: Re: [NH] Frames Using CSS (was How do
        I blockquote?) for people that are using filters and so the same
        message thread can be followed easier.

        - Discussion of software other than Fookes Software is only allowed
        on the Off-Topic list and encouraged! Feel free to recommend
        competitive software on the Off-Topic list as well. When replying
        say from the Basic List and it needs to go to the Clips list,
        then send it there and copy the poster in a private message to
        the person you are wanting to help letting them know you moved it
        to the Clips list. They can sign up for it via the bottom of
        every [NTB] message or go to http://www.fookes.us/maillist.htm

        - Keep the conversation clean; all age groups are on the list and
        cussing/cursing offends many people! TIA :)

        + WHICH LIST to post on???

        Clips or Scripts list for them.

        are for discussion of those programs.

        Discussion mailing list subscribing and unsubscribing:
        http://www.fookes.us/maillist.htm

        lists.

        Happy Tab'n,