printing problem

  • Edward Iglesias
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 8, 2005
      Greetings All,

      I am experiencing a problem printing out a document.
      The third paragraph seems to be collapsing into one
      line. I was able to make it print correctly by simply
      inserting an extra return in the center of the
      paragraph. Is there a simple solution to this?

      Edward Iglesias

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • hsavage
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 8, 2005
        Edward Iglesias wrote:
        > Greetings All,
        >
        > I am experiencing a problem printing out a document.
        > The third paragraph seems to be collapsing into one
        > line. I was able to make it print correctly by simply
        > inserting an extra return in the center of the
        > paragraph. Is there a simple solution to this?
        >
        > Edward Iglesias

        Edward,

        Are you using the built-in 'Print' function or the 3rd party utility
        Txtprint? It can be downloaded from "http://www.notetab.com/download.php".

        Sounds as if you're not using Txtprint, I use it frequently and never
        have problems. I believe you'll have more success with print jobs using it.

        If you download Txtprint be sure to click the link on the same line for
        the Clipbook library written for use with it.

        To make Txtprint most accessible you'll have to add icons for each clip
        to a Personal Toolbar.

        ºvº
        05.09.09
        hrs > hsavage@...
      • hsavage
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 18, 2005
          Jae wrote:
          > i'm having this same issue with text i CREATE in notetab. The only
          > change i made was now i use a different printer...a canon pixima,
          > rather than am old lexmark. Now all my text dissapears on printing--
          > runs off the side of the page as others have said.
          >
          > What's so difficult about just correcting the print glitch? why would
          > i purchase this program when such a simple thing can't be fixed? I
          > love this program otherwise, but lately, this problem has made me
          > just go back to notepad.
          > this is not a small matter...why should i have to download a 3rd
          > party print program?

          Jae,

          I don't know if you intentionally replied to my email address and not
          the 'notetab' list, but that's what you did so I'll try to respond.

          I've been using NoteTab for quite a while and have, in fact, never used
          the built-in print routine, other than once or twice for test purposes,
          as now. The reason being the self-admitted shortcomings of the built-in
          routine.

          I have always used Txtprint and don't feel I've sacrificed anything by
          downloading a 3rd party print utility.

          Apparently you don't use clips much or you wouldn't be willing to
          continue using NotePad. The inconvenience of switching between the 2
          editors is much greater than the inconvenience of downloading Txtprint.

          We would all like to see requested improvements in NoteTab and
          eventually, I think, we will. In the meantime NoteTab offers so much
          more in the way of text manipulation and with template and outline
          functionality along with html page building no other single text editor
          is very close, at least, none I've downloaded and tried to use.

          Thus far, this has been a personal view, now back to the printing problem.

          I know nothing of the 'Canon Pixima' you reference but I have used
          Canon, Lexmark, Epson and Hewlett-Packard models, all dot-matrix except
          the Lexmark and it is a laser and all did a great job of printing, with
          the 3rd party utility.

          I did try a quick test with the built-in routine with a temporary
          document with some very long lines. Since I am not very familiar with
          the print routine I looked at all the tabs in the dialog window.

          Under the 2nd tab, 'Margins' the first setting is type of measurement,
          inches, centimeters and pixels, the second place you can change a
          setting is directly to the right of that and it is 'Wordwrap, check or
          no-check'.

          On my 'HP all-in-one' printing a page with Wordwrap unchecked gave me
          the result you describe, long lines truncated at the right margin. With
          Wordwrap checked it printed normally. You might check that setting and
          give it another try, it's possible your setting might be unchecked.

          If you reply, you should reply to the NoteTab group address, many more
          users will see it and may be able to offer more experienced suggestions
          than I.

          ºvº
          05.09.18
          hrs > hsavage@...