Re: [NTB] Insert Date and Time

  • hsavage
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 7, 2005
      Barry Karas wrote:
      > I searched through all 14 entries of the information in Options to no
      > avail. Should I be looking for Options elsewhere? If so, where?
      >
      > Thanks anyway,
      >
      > Barry Karas

      Barry,

      If you have only 14 tabs showing in the View > Options menu you should;
      go to to View > Options and click on 'Show Advanced Features'. This
      exposes 3 additional tabs.

      This assumes you are inserting 'date' with Ctrl+T.
      Click View > Options > Tools, in the middle of the dialog is a line for
      setting the 'Date Filter'. It is a user-definable one line entry, there
      could be a carriage-return in the form of ^p at the beginning of the
      line, if so, delete the ^p. This will eliminate the blank line when
      inserting date.

      ºvº
      05.09.07
      hrs > hsavage@...
    • jrbellhome@starpower.net
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 7, 2005
        OK, I'm having the same problem with Insert Date/Time in
        NoteTab Light, but I have no entry at all in my Date Filter box
        and I use F5 (as per the Document submenu) to insert the
        date.

        BTW, Ctrl-T won't work, since it is set to Launch the current
        document in the default text viewer.
      • jrbellhome@starpower.net
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 7, 2005
          OK,

          I just solved the problem – NoteTab Light's default Date/Time
          filter is flawed – it somehow contains an errant ^P.

          But I just went into View> Options> Tools an entered the
          following in the Date Filter blank:

          mm/dd/yy hh:mm:ss

          and now the problem is solved! No more line return.

          Thanks for all the help guys!

          -- JR in DC
        • loro
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 7, 2005
            jrbellhome@... wrote:
            >OK, I'm having the same problem with Insert Date/Time in
            >NoteTab Light, but I have no entry at all in my Date Filter box
            >and I use F5 (as per the Document submenu) to insert the
            >date.

            That's the problem! I just tried it in Pro. If the filter is left blank a
            carriage return is inserted. Had no idea.

            Click on the Help button on the Tools screen and it'll take you to the date
            filter codes. I currently have
            yyyyy.mm.dd hh:nn
            which gives this format
            2005.09.07 22:26