Turn on javascript syntax highlighting?

  • wbrubidge
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 7, 2005
      I am editing a javascript file in NoteTab Pro, with a js extension.

      Normally, when I am editing HTML, the syntax highlight comes on all by
      itself, but this is not happening for this js file.

      How do I enable the syntax highlighting for javascript?

      (Sorry, I know I should RTFM, but cannot find the answer there.)

      TIA
    • Don - htmlfixit.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 7, 2005
        wbrubidge wrote:
        > I am editing a javascript file in NoteTab Pro, with a js extension.
        >
        > Normally, when I am editing HTML, the syntax highlight comes on all by
        > itself, but this is not happening for this js file.
        >
        > How do I enable the syntax highlighting for javascript?
        >
        > (Sorry, I know I should RTFM, but cannot find the answer there.)
        >
        > TIA

        Most common question asked. You don't. HTML is the only syntax
        highlighting in notetab. Unfortunately this is one of the biggest
        drawbacks thus far, but expected to be corrected with the next major
        release -- date of same being unknown.
      • loro
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 7, 2005
          wbrubidge wrote:
          >I am editing a javascript file in NoteTab Pro, with a js extension.
          >
          >Normally, when I am editing HTML, the syntax highlight comes on all by
          >itself, but this is not happening for this js file.
          >
          >How do I enable the syntax highlighting for javascript?

          That's because there isn't any... Alas Notetab has syntax highlighting only
          for HTML. You can js to the file filter at Options | HTML files, but that's
          not to much use really.

          Lotta