Re: [NTB] Insert Date and Time

  • loro
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 6, 2005
      bkaras4 wrote:
      >When I go to insert the date and time in NoteTab Pro 4.95, the date
      >and time should go where the cursor is. Instead the Date and Time show
      >up one line BELOW the cursor. How do I fix this?

      Check the date filter in Options. Sounds like you have managed to get a ^p
      in front of the rest of the mumbo jumbo there.

      Lotta
    • Barry Karas
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 7, 2005
        I searched through all 14 entries of the information in Options to no
        avail. Should I be looking for Options elsewhere? If so, where?

        Thanks anyway,

        Barry Karas

        _____

        >When I go to insert the date and time in NoteTab Pro 4.95, the date
        >and time should go where the cursor is. Instead the Date and Time show
        >up one line BELOW the cursor. How do I fix this?

        Check the date filter in Options. Sounds like you have managed to get a ^p
        in front of the rest of the mumbo jumbo there.

        Lotta

        Computer
        <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Computer+monitoring+software&w1=Compute
        r+monitoring+software&w2=Computer+software+industry&w3=Computer+and+internet
        +software&c=3&s=102&.sig=lOiAmQq_vYqBXp5J_utRLw> monitoring software
        Computer
        <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Computer+software+industry&w1=Computer+
        monitoring+software&w2=Computer+software+industry&w3=Computer+and+internet+s
        oftware&c=3&s=102&.sig=SfoRCj0IaMg6M_vD5PW3Gw> software industry
        Computer
        <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Computer+and+internet+software&w1=Compu
        ter+monitoring+software&w2=Computer+software+industry&w3=Computer+and+intern
        et+software&c=3&s=102&.sig=634_9g5FaI4DxzifRFCEQg> and internet software

        _____

        YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

        on the web.

        <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

        _____

      • Julie
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 7, 2005
          It's under Tools in Options.

          At 9/7/2005 07:06 AM, Barry Karas wrote:
          >I searched through all 14 entries of the information in Options to no
          >avail. Should I be looking for Options elsewhere? If so, where?
        • hsavage
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 7, 2005
            Barry Karas wrote:
            > I searched through all 14 entries of the information in Options to no
            > avail. Should I be looking for Options elsewhere? If so, where?
            >
            > Thanks anyway,
            >
            > Barry Karas

            Barry,

            If you have only 14 tabs showing in the View > Options menu you should;
            go to to View > Options and click on 'Show Advanced Features'. This
            exposes 3 additional tabs.

            This assumes you are inserting 'date' with Ctrl+T.
            Click View > Options > Tools, in the middle of the dialog is a line for
            setting the 'Date Filter'. It is a user-definable one line entry, there
            could be a carriage-return in the form of ^p at the beginning of the
            line, if so, delete the ^p. This will eliminate the blank line when
            inserting date.

            ºvº
            05.09.07
            hrs > hsavage@...
          • jrbellhome@starpower.net
            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 7, 2005
              OK, I'm having the same problem with Insert Date/Time in
              NoteTab Light, but I have no entry at all in my Date Filter box
              and I use F5 (as per the Document submenu) to insert the
              date.

              BTW, Ctrl-T won't work, since it is set to Launch the current
              document in the default text viewer.
            • jrbellhome@starpower.net
              Message 6 of 8 , Sep 7, 2005
                OK,

                I just solved the problem – NoteTab Light's default Date/Time
                filter is flawed – it somehow contains an errant ^P.

                But I just went into View> Options> Tools an entered the
                following in the Date Filter blank:

                mm/dd/yy hh:mm:ss

                and now the problem is solved! No more line return.

                Thanks for all the help guys!

                -- JR in DC
              • loro
                Message 7 of 8 , Sep 7, 2005
                  jrbellhome@... wrote:
                  >OK, I'm having the same problem with Insert Date/Time in
                  >NoteTab Light, but I have no entry at all in my Date Filter box
                  >and I use F5 (as per the Document submenu) to insert the
                  >date.

                  That's the problem! I just tried it in Pro. If the filter is left blank a
                  carriage return is inserted. Had no idea.

                  Click on the Help button on the Tools screen and it'll take you to the date
                  filter codes. I currently have
                  yyyyy.mm.dd hh:nn
                  which gives this format
                  2005.09.07 22:26