RE: [NTB] Next Major Release of Notetab?

  • Greg Chapman
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 4, 2005
      Hi Martin,

      > I am wondering when 5.0 will be released. I am looking forward to a
      > better RegEx engine :-)
      >
      > Are there any guestimates?

      Jody, the main man when it comes to knowing what Eric plans, lives in the
      area hit by Katrina, though not the worst affected, and may be out of action
      for a while.

      I understand that Eric is working on other projects at the moment and there
      is not even an official guesstimate for the release of NoteTab 5. However,
      I do know that some of those other projects have relevance to NoteTab so it
      is not just "wasted time" from a NoteTab-only Fookes Software user.

      Greg
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 15, 2005
        Hi Greg, Martin, and Others,

        >> I am wondering when 5.0 will be released. I am looking forward to a
        >> better RegEx engine :-)
        >>
        >> Are there any guestimates?
        >
        >I understand that Eric is working on other projects at the moment
        >and there is not even an official guesstimate for the release of
        >NoteTab 5. However, I do know that some of those other projects
        >have relevance to NoteTab so it is not just "wasted time" from a
        >NoteTab-only Fookes Software user.

        Thanks Greg! That's a good re-cap of what I have been posting.
        You all can be assured that as long as Eric keeps programming
        that we will indeed get around to NoteTab. Both Eric and I depend
        on it heavily and it is our second best selling product now after
        years of being number one! Eric wants the update as bad as
        everybody else, he just has to set priorities for his livelihood.
        Fookes Software includes Eric Fookes, the owner and programmer of
        Fookes Software, and myself Support in Chief of our software
        support department. haha I got that glorious title from Eric when
        we were joking around. The only problem with it is there's nobody
        under me to command. <bg> In other words, there's only two of us
        and we can only do so much. Sometimes we work 50-70 hours weeks
        for months at a time, and we do try to live a normal family life
        too spending time with our wives (uh, just one for each of us :)
        and children. So, hang in there; some day it will come. It was
        still voted the number one People's Choice (at SIC - Shareware
        Industry Conference) again this year for like 9 out of 10 years
        running. Thanks to all who voted in the past!

        Happy Tab'n,

      • Lee Underwood
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 15, 2005
          I too await the release of version 5. But, wow! What testimony, that a
          software that hasn't been updated for a few years can still be so good! I
          review many editor packages in my line of work and I still stay with
          NoteTabPro. Keep up the good work guys!

          Lee