Next Major Release of Notetab?

  • marlarius
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 2, 2005
      Hi,

      I am wondering when 5.0 will be released. I am looking forward to a
      better RegEx engine :-)

      Are there any guestimates?

      Martin
    • Greg Chapman
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 4, 2005
        Hi Martin,

        > I am wondering when 5.0 will be released. I am looking forward to a
        > better RegEx engine :-)
        >
        > Are there any guestimates?

        Jody, the main man when it comes to knowing what Eric plans, lives in the
        area hit by Katrina, though not the worst affected, and may be out of action
        for a while.

        I understand that Eric is working on other projects at the moment and there
        is not even an official guesstimate for the release of NoteTab 5. However,
        I do know that some of those other projects have relevance to NoteTab so it
        is not just "wasted time" from a NoteTab-only Fookes Software user.

        Greg
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 15, 2005
          Hi Greg, Martin, and Others,

          >> I am wondering when 5.0 will be released. I am looking forward to a
          >> better RegEx engine :-)
          >>
          >> Are there any guestimates?
          >
          >I understand that Eric is working on other projects at the moment
          >and there is not even an official guesstimate for the release of
          >NoteTab 5. However, I do know that some of those other projects
          >have relevance to NoteTab so it is not just "wasted time" from a
          >NoteTab-only Fookes Software user.

          Thanks Greg! That's a good re-cap of what I have been posting.
          You all can be assured that as long as Eric keeps programming
          that we will indeed get around to NoteTab. Both Eric and I depend
          on it heavily and it is our second best selling product now after
          years of being number one! Eric wants the update as bad as
          everybody else, he just has to set priorities for his livelihood.
          Fookes Software includes Eric Fookes, the owner and programmer of
          Fookes Software, and myself Support in Chief of our software
          support department. haha I got that glorious title from Eric when
          we were joking around. The only problem with it is there's nobody
          under me to command. <bg> In other words, there's only two of us
          and we can only do so much. Sometimes we work 50-70 hours weeks
          for months at a time, and we do try to live a normal family life
          too spending time with our wives (uh, just one for each of us :)
          and children. So, hang in there; some day it will come. It was
          still voted the number one People's Choice (at SIC - Shareware
          Industry Conference) again this year for like 9 out of 10 years
          running. Thanks to all who voted in the past!

          Happy Tab'n,

        • Lee Underwood
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 15, 2005
            I too await the release of version 5. But, wow! What testimony, that a
            software that hasn't been updated for a few years can still be so good! I
            review many editor packages in my line of work and I still stay with
            NoteTabPro. Keep up the good work guys!

            Lee