Re: [NTB] Wordwrap Question

  • hsavage
    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 1, 2005
      Don - htmlfixit.com wrote:
      > hsavage wrote:
      >> james.homme@... wrote:
      >>> Hi,
      >>> How do you tell visually, besides long lines in your document,
      that Word
      >>> wrap is on?
      >>>
      >> Jim,
      >>
      >> In addition to the other responses, normally, visually, with WordWrap
      >> off there is a horizontal scrollbar at the bottom of the edit window,
      >> with WordWrap on there is no horizontal scrollbar.
      >>
      >> ºvº
      >> 05.09.01
      >> hrs > hsavage@...
      >>
      > unless you have only short lines, correct?

      Don,

      One might think that is correct but, if I open a blank doc and toggle
      between WordWrap on/off I get the scrollbar at the bottom of the edit
      window.

      It might have something to do with 'Wrap to Column' which I have set at
      79, but, I've changed that to several different values and have seen no
      apparent change.

      ºvº
      05.09.01
      hrs > hsavage@...
    • hsavage
      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 1, 2005
        Paul D. Leichty wrote:
        > While on the subject of Wordwrap, every now and then, I have a document
        > (usually .otl) that will not allow me to toggle Wordwrap at all.
        > Nothing happens when I hit the icon on the toolbar, and I can go into
        > Options and check and uncheck all I want and it still doesn't have any
        > effect. It only happens on certain files; most files behave normally.
        > Has anyone else seen this?
        >
        > Paul D. Leichty

        Paul,

        Yes, I've seen it, though I seldom use .otl's. I experience the lack of
        'toggle-ability' on ordinary text files.

        Usually if the cursor is near the bottom of the file I lose the ability
        to toggle WordWrap off if on, or on if off. When this happens I think I
        always have a clipbook editor window open with a clipbook visible. My
        work-around is to toggle the clipbook window off, then back on using F4.

        This usually takes care of the problem temporarily.

        ºvº
        05.09.01
        hrs > hsavage@...
      • David Smart
        Message 3 of 11 , Sep 3, 2005
          There it is sitting right next to the font button, but a big W means MS Word to me, so I'd never bothered noticing it (or engaging my brain). :-(

          Much easier than trying Ctrl-W a couple of times to see which mode I'm in.

          Thanks.

          Dave S

          Message 4 of 11 , Sep 3, 2005
            David Smart wrote:
            >There it is sitting right next to the font button, but a big W means MS
            >Word to me, so I'd never bothered noticing it (or engaging my brain). :-(
            >
            >Much easier than trying Ctrl-W a couple of times to see which mode I'm in.

            You could also do one Alt + D to see if Word Wrap is ticked, in case you
            want to remove the W button. Sounds like you don't use it much. ;-)

            Wouldn't this be a nice thing to have on the status bar BTW?

            Lotta
          • David Smart
            Message 5 of 11 , Sep 3, 2005
              I didn't use it much in the past. Now I use it all the time. :-)

              I'm constantly in and out of word-wrap - it totally depends on what I'm working on - and I often hit ctrl-w unnecessarily, so a visual hint - right there - is great.

              Dave S