RE: [NTB] Re: Intro

  • Greg Chapman
    Message 1 of 18 , Sep 1, 2005
      Hi Dave,

      > (Alas, none of the replies on this subject have been transferred to
      > OT...in any case, it doesn't seem OT to me?)

      Well, it's not "basic use of NoteTab" so I've replied on the off-topic list!

      Greg
      Message 2 of 18 , Sep 15, 2005
        Hi David, Greg, John, and anybody else reading...

        The forum vs yahoogroups topic needs to go to the off topic list
        after this which I copied this reply. (Oh, I see you did bring it
        over there after all. I'm still cleaning out many hundreds of
        messages in my inbox (private, not support) from my 3 week
        vacation.)

        >Any updates? I've been very happy with NP pro for years, but no
        >updates in 2+ years isn't a good sign...

        It isn't a bad sign either; the answer is still the same as
        below. I can assure you that someday we will indeed upgrade
        NoteTab. It was still voted People's Choice again at the SIC
        awards convention for shareware for some 7-8 years now only
        missing one year in a row. Fookes Software is Eric Fookes and
        myself. Eric does what he needs to do for the company, his
        livelihood, family time, etc. Unfortunately, only so much can be
        done, but we will eventually get to NoteTab.

        >It would also be nice if someone involved would set up a real
        >message board, rather than a simple yahoo group.

        I don't mean to sound to cold and rude below, but want to make my
        point/stance on the issue perfectly clear! :-)

        Sorry, but that is out of the question - it will not happen.
        Yahoogroups has served us well, has enough features, etc. Sure,
        it could be better, more sophisticated and so on, but the way it
        is has served us well for many years. Most forums do not have
        eMail delivery either, are much slower to use for me anyway, and
        until discussion mailing list are phased out (if ever), a forum
        would be the very last thing I would resort to. I would probably
        spend a few thousand $$$ on my own mail server and account, etc.
        before using a forum for the lists.

        >>> Hi, I've been using NoteTab light for a while, and have
        >>> managed to get my boss to consider purchasing it for our PC
        >>> Support team, the only question is, is it still under active
        >>> development? Seems like a long time since 4.95.
        >>
        >> Yes, it is, although we have not been able to get back to
        >> upgrading it as soon as we had hoped for. Be assured that it is
        >> not abandoned though.

        Happy Tab'n,