Re: [NTB] window position

  • loro
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 29 7:46 PM
      hsavage wrote:
      >loro wrote:
      >
      > > (How come you and I always end up talking about this, Harvey? ;-))
      >I don't know, but, how come I always forget 'View | Options | General
      >-> Save Positions and Size'?

      And I always forget the click-on-icon way. That's why it's funny. I guess
      we complement each-other. :-)

      Lotta
    • F.M. B-PvB
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 30 1:55 AM
        On 29 Aug 2005 at 17:48, hsavage wrote:

        > F.M. B-PvB wrote:
        > > Hi,
        > >
        > > I have NoteTab 4.95/np and I'm having problems with the window
        > > position. That is, it doesn't remember the position (not size) I
        > place > it in. I've had the same problem with previous versions. Is
        > this a bug > or is there something I can do about it? NoteTab is the
        > only program > I'm have with remembering it's last position.
        >
        > F.M. B-PvB,
        >
        > Don't be insulted, but, have you tried placing the NoteTab window where
        > you want it, then right-click the NoteTab title bar, then select 'Save
        > Window State'?

        Insulted? Me? Never! <G>
        But I never knew about the title bar options. "Open centered" was
        ticked, removed it and voilá!
        However, I'd expected settings like these to be in the options menu.
        That's where I searched first. Then all the other options and drop-down
        menus. Never thought of anything to be in the title bar except perhaps
        the usual minimize, maximize and restore (which I never use anyway).
        Besides, most Windows programs also have a "Window" drop-down menu...
        --
        ~~~ Ha en bra dag ~~ Vsego horoshego ~~ Have a nice day ~~~
        Frederik M. Balster-Philips van Buren ~ fbalster@...
        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 30 2:07 AM
          On Mon, 29 Aug 2005 17:48:05 -0500, hsavage wrote:
          > F.M. B-PvB wrote:
          >> Hi,
          >>
          >> I have NoteTab 4.95/np and I'm having problems with the window
          >> position. That is, it doesn't remember the position (not size) I
          >> place it in. I've had the same problem with previous versions. Is
          >> this a bug or is there something I can do about it? NoteTab is
          >> the only program I'm have with remembering it's last position.

          Hi, F.M. B-PvB,

          When you right-click the NoteTab title bar, be sure that "Open centered" is
          DESELECTED ( If not, 'Save Window State' or "View | Options | General -> Save
          Positions and Size", will not work) then click on 'Save Window State'.

          Regards
          Oto
          Message 4 of 10 , Sep 15, 2005
            Hi F.M. B-PvB,

            >However, I'd expected settings like these to be in the options menu.
            >That's where I searched first. Then all the other options and drop-down
            >menus. Never thought of anything to be in the title bar except perhaps
            >the usual minimize, maximize and restore (which I never use anyway).
            >Besides, most Windows programs also have a "Window" drop-down menu...

            There is a save window state somewhere in options, but it's just
            easier to get to from the titlebar system menu.

            This also works for dual monitor setups.

            It's all been mentioned, but from NoteTab's Paste Back Clip
            feature comes the following...

            Please do the following:
            1. Resize and adjust the program window where you want it.
            2. Click on the program icon located on Titlebar (upper left).
            3. Uncheck "Open Centered" if checked.
            4. Click on the program icon again.
            5. Click on "Save Window State" (which does not get a check mark).
            6. Restart NoteTab at this time.

            Tip: You can right click on the Titlebar for the same menu as above
            or press the Alt key and then the spacebar while holding Alt down
            (Alt+Spacebar). Simply pressing Alt alone will collapse the menu
            once opened or clicking in a "non-clickable" area of your screen.

            Happy Tab'n,