Re: Re: [NTB] window position

  • Alec Burgess
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 29, 2005
      F.M. B-PvB:

      And a bonus: you can right-click on titlebar or click on titlebar icon at
      left on dialogs (Find and Replace) to lock their size and position too :-)

      Regards ... Alec
      --
      ; ( ) { } [ ] \ | 9 0 + = () {} []

      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 29, 2005
        hsavage wrote:
        >loro wrote:
        >
        > > (How come you and I always end up talking about this, Harvey? ;-))
        >I don't know, but, how come I always forget 'View | Options | General
        >-> Save Positions and Size'?

        And I always forget the click-on-icon way. That's why it's funny. I guess
        we complement each-other. :-)

        Lotta
      • F.M. B-PvB
        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 30, 2005
          On 29 Aug 2005 at 17:48, hsavage wrote:

          > F.M. B-PvB wrote:
          > > Hi,
          > >
          > > I have NoteTab 4.95/np and I'm having problems with the window
          > > position. That is, it doesn't remember the position (not size) I
          > place > it in. I've had the same problem with previous versions. Is
          > this a bug > or is there something I can do about it? NoteTab is the
          > only program > I'm have with remembering it's last position.
          >
          > F.M. B-PvB,
          >
          > Don't be insulted, but, have you tried placing the NoteTab window where
          > you want it, then right-click the NoteTab title bar, then select 'Save
          > Window State'?

          Insulted? Me? Never! <G>
          But I never knew about the title bar options. "Open centered" was
          ticked, removed it and voilá!
          However, I'd expected settings like these to be in the options menu.
          That's where I searched first. Then all the other options and drop-down
          menus. Never thought of anything to be in the title bar except perhaps
          the usual minimize, maximize and restore (which I never use anyway).
          Besides, most Windows programs also have a "Window" drop-down menu...
          --
          ~~~ Ha en bra dag ~~ Vsego horoshego ~~ Have a nice day ~~~
          Frederik M. Balster-Philips van Buren ~ fbalster@...
          Message 4 of 10 , Aug 30, 2005
            On Mon, 29 Aug 2005 17:48:05 -0500, hsavage wrote:
            > F.M. B-PvB wrote:
            >> Hi,
            >>
            >> I have NoteTab 4.95/np and I'm having problems with the window
            >> position. That is, it doesn't remember the position (not size) I
            >> place it in. I've had the same problem with previous versions. Is
            >> this a bug or is there something I can do about it? NoteTab is
            >> the only program I'm have with remembering it's last position.

            Hi, F.M. B-PvB,

            When you right-click the NoteTab title bar, be sure that "Open centered" is
            DESELECTED ( If not, 'Save Window State' or "View | Options | General -> Save
            Positions and Size", will not work) then click on 'Save Window State'.

            Regards
            Oto
            Message 5 of 10 , Sep 15 11:33 AM
              Hi F.M. B-PvB,

              >However, I'd expected settings like these to be in the options menu.
              >That's where I searched first. Then all the other options and drop-down
              >menus. Never thought of anything to be in the title bar except perhaps
              >the usual minimize, maximize and restore (which I never use anyway).
              >Besides, most Windows programs also have a "Window" drop-down menu...

              There is a save window state somewhere in options, but it's just
              easier to get to from the titlebar system menu.

              This also works for dual monitor setups.

              It's all been mentioned, but from NoteTab's Paste Back Clip
              feature comes the following...

              Please do the following:
              1. Resize and adjust the program window where you want it.
              2. Click on the program icon located on Titlebar (upper left).
              3. Uncheck "Open Centered" if checked.
              4. Click on the program icon again.
              5. Click on "Save Window State" (which does not get a check mark).
              6. Restart NoteTab at this time.

              Tip: You can right click on the Titlebar for the same menu as above
              or press the Alt key and then the spacebar while holding Alt down
              (Alt+Spacebar). Simply pressing Alt alone will collapse the menu
              once opened or clicking in a "non-clickable" area of your screen.

              Happy Tab'n,