Re: [NTB] window position

  • loro
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 29, 2005
      hsavage wrote:
      >F.M. B-PvB wrote:
      > > I have NoteTab 4.95/np and I'm having problems with the window
      > > position. That is, it doesn't remember the position (not size) I place
      > > it in. I've had the same problem with previous versions. Is this a bug
      > > or is there something I can do about it? NoteTab is the only program
      > > I'm have with remembering it's last position.
      >
      >F.M. B-PvB,
      >
      >Don't be insulted, but, have you tried placing the NoteTab window where
      >you want it, then right-click the NoteTab title bar, then select 'Save
      >Window State'?
      >
      >Another thing to try is, load NotePro.ini, then save as !NotePro.ini,
      >then close NoteTab completely and restart it.

      <snip>

      >If none of this helps another listmember may have other suggestions.

      If you want it to open in the state it was when you closed it down (rather
      than to always use the same state/position) it's:
      View | Options | General -> Save Positions and Size

      (How come you and I always end up talking about this, Harvey? ;-))
      Lotta
    • Julie
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 29, 2005
        At 8/29/2005 07:06 PM, loro wrote:

        >(How come you and I always end up talking about this, Harvey? ;-))

        Because you must have this answer down pat ;-)! Thanks!

        Julie
      • hsavage
        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 29, 2005
          loro wrote:

          >> If none of this helps another listmember may have other suggestions.
          >
          > If you want it to open in the state it was when you closed it down
          (rather
          > than to always use the same state/position) it's:
          > View | Options | General -> Save Positions and Size
          >
          > (How come you and I always end up talking about this, Harvey? ;-))
          > Lotta

          I don't know, but, how come I always forget 'View | Options | General
          -> Save Positions and Size'?

          I suppose because, up until now, I very seldom have the types of trouble
          some other users have.

          ºvº
          05.08.29
          hrs > hsavage@...
        • Alec Burgess
          Message 4 of 10 , Aug 29, 2005
            F.M. B-PvB:

            And a bonus: you can right-click on titlebar or click on titlebar icon at
            left on dialogs (Find and Replace) to lock their size and position too :-)

            Regards ... Alec
            --
            ; ( ) { } [ ] \ | 9 0 + = () {} []

            Message 5 of 10 , Aug 29, 2005
              hsavage wrote:
              >loro wrote:
              >
              > > (How come you and I always end up talking about this, Harvey? ;-))
              >I don't know, but, how come I always forget 'View | Options | General
              >-> Save Positions and Size'?

              And I always forget the click-on-icon way. That's why it's funny. I guess
              we complement each-other. :-)

              Lotta
            • F.M. B-PvB
              Message 6 of 10 , Aug 30, 2005
                On 29 Aug 2005 at 17:48, hsavage wrote:

                > F.M. B-PvB wrote:
                > > Hi,
                > >
                > > I have NoteTab 4.95/np and I'm having problems with the window
                > > position. That is, it doesn't remember the position (not size) I
                > place > it in. I've had the same problem with previous versions. Is
                > this a bug > or is there something I can do about it? NoteTab is the
                > only program > I'm have with remembering it's last position.
                >
                > F.M. B-PvB,
                >
                > Don't be insulted, but, have you tried placing the NoteTab window where
                > you want it, then right-click the NoteTab title bar, then select 'Save
                > Window State'?

                Insulted? Me? Never! <G>
                But I never knew about the title bar options. "Open centered" was
                ticked, removed it and voilá!
                However, I'd expected settings like these to be in the options menu.
                That's where I searched first. Then all the other options and drop-down
                menus. Never thought of anything to be in the title bar except perhaps
                the usual minimize, maximize and restore (which I never use anyway).
                Besides, most Windows programs also have a "Window" drop-down menu...
                --
                ~~~ Ha en bra dag ~~ Vsego horoshego ~~ Have a nice day ~~~
                Frederik M. Balster-Philips van Buren ~ fbalster@...
                Message 7 of 10 , Aug 30, 2005
                  On Mon, 29 Aug 2005 17:48:05 -0500, hsavage wrote:
                  > F.M. B-PvB wrote:
                  >> Hi,
                  >>
                  >> I have NoteTab 4.95/np and I'm having problems with the window
                  >> position. That is, it doesn't remember the position (not size) I
                  >> place it in. I've had the same problem with previous versions. Is
                  >> this a bug or is there something I can do about it? NoteTab is
                  >> the only program I'm have with remembering it's last position.

                  Hi, F.M. B-PvB,

                  When you right-click the NoteTab title bar, be sure that "Open centered" is
                  DESELECTED ( If not, 'Save Window State' or "View | Options | General -> Save
                  Positions and Size", will not work) then click on 'Save Window State'.

                  Regards
                  Oto
                  Message 8 of 10 , Sep 15, 2005
                    Hi F.M. B-PvB,

                    >However, I'd expected settings like these to be in the options menu.
                    >That's where I searched first. Then all the other options and drop-down
                    >menus. Never thought of anything to be in the title bar except perhaps
                    >the usual minimize, maximize and restore (which I never use anyway).
                    >Besides, most Windows programs also have a "Window" drop-down menu...

                    There is a save window state somewhere in options, but it's just
                    easier to get to from the titlebar system menu.

                    This also works for dual monitor setups.

                    It's all been mentioned, but from NoteTab's Paste Back Clip
                    feature comes the following...

                    Please do the following:
                    1. Resize and adjust the program window where you want it.
                    2. Click on the program icon located on Titlebar (upper left).
                    3. Uncheck "Open Centered" if checked.
                    4. Click on the program icon again.
                    5. Click on "Save Window State" (which does not get a check mark).
                    6. Restart NoteTab at this time.

                    Tip: You can right click on the Titlebar for the same menu as above
                    or press the Alt key and then the spacebar while holding Alt down
                    (Alt+Spacebar). Simply pressing Alt alone will collapse the menu
                    once opened or clicking in a "non-clickable" area of your screen.

                    Happy Tab'n,