Re: [NTB] Connecting to alternative browser

  • Don - htmlfixit.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 29, 2005
      Bert Byfield wrote:
      >>I'm using NoteTabPro, ver 4.9.2.2. I can use Internet Explorer as the
      >>basic browser to view my file, but when I use either Mozilla or the
      >>most recent version of Netscape as an alternative browser, neither of
      >>these browsers loads the file--they give a blank page. Is there a
      >>compatibility issue here or am I doing something wrong? Byz
      >

      > When I ran into this problem, I switched to opening my browser of
      > choice (Mozilla Firefox) independently, and then doing FILE >>
      > OPEN FILE to open my text file.
      > You can then just edit text, switch to the browser window, do a
      > RELOAD and see your results, then switch back to the edit window.

      Some seem to have this minor situation and others not. I had a clip I
      used for a long time to do it. I also have a similiar problem when I
      click to open a link from an email if my Firefox is not open already. I
      think it may be particular to certain installations of firefox, perhaps
      even extension specific or something. It is easy to work around in a
      number of ways.

      Does it occur if the browser is already open?

      There is a browser preferences file somewhere in notetab that some have
      manually set I know. There are some older threads on this issue.