Mysterious Green Tab

  • Shad
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 22, 2005
      I've recently acquired a green tab in my NoteTab Pro. I do not know
      how I acquired it, nor how to get rid of it. And I would like to get
      rid of it. Apparently, when one of your tabs is green, is it set so
      that, when NoteTab is open, anytime you "CTRL-V" to copy, the text is
      copied to that particular NoteTab tab. Seems like that would be a
      useful thing if you were, say, wanting to keep track of text you've
      copied throughout the day, or wanting to get a lot of text from
      various sources copied quickly to a NoteTab text file for easy
      retrieval later.

      Does anyone know how to turn this function off?

      Thanks in advance for any suggestions,
      Shad
    • Don - htmlfixit.com
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 23, 2005
        Shad wrote:
        > I've recently acquired a green tab in my NoteTab Pro. I do not know
        > how I acquired it, nor how to get rid of it. And I would like to get
        > rid of it. Apparently, when one of your tabs is green, is it set so
        > that, when NoteTab is open, anytime you "CTRL-V" to copy, the text is
        > copied to that particular NoteTab tab. Seems like that would be a
        > useful thing if you were, say, wanting to keep track of text you've
        > copied throughout the day, or wanting to get a lot of text from
        > various sources copied quickly to a NoteTab text file for easy
        > retrieval later.
        >
        > Does anyone know how to turn this function off?
        >
        > Thanks in advance for any suggestions,
        > Shad
        Handy feature when you want it Shad. Not so handy if you have it on by
        accident.
        Do this:
        focus that document and hit shift + control + p at the same time.
        It is also under the menus under document/use as pasteboard.

        Should not be a problem to deep six it. You probably hit the key
        combination by mistake.

        Don
      • hsavage
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 23, 2005
          Shad wrote:
          > I've recently acquired a green tab in my NoteTab Pro. I do not know
          > how I acquired it, nor how to get rid of it. And I would like to get
          > rid of it. Apparently, when one of your tabs is green, is it set so
          > that, when NoteTab is open, anytime you "CTRL-V" to copy, the text is
          > copied to that particular NoteTab tab. Seems like that would be a
          > useful thing if you were, say, wanting to keep track of text you've
          > copied throughout the day, or wanting to get a lot of text from
          > various sources copied quickly to a NoteTab text file for easy
          > retrieval later.
          >
          > Does anyone know how to turn this function off?
          >
          > Thanks in advance for any suggestions,
          > Shad

          Shad,

          That's the PasteBoard feature, if you select that file and then the
          Document drop-down menu you'll find 'Use as PasteBoard' about the fourth
          item up. You can click there to turn it off, or toggle on-off with
          Shift+Ctrl+P, or, Close and/or Delete the file with the green tab.

          If that doesn't take care of it and it reappears the next time you open
          NoteTab you may have a clipbook with an 'OnOpen' clip that restarts the
          PasteBoard.

          ºvº
          05.08.23
          hrs > hsavage@...
        • Shad
          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 30, 2005
            > Shad,
            >
            > That's the PasteBoard feature, if you select that file and then the
            > Document drop-down menu you'll find 'Use as PasteBoard' about the
            fourth
            > item up. You can click there to turn it off, or toggle on-off with
            > Shift+Ctrl+P, or, Close and/or Delete the file with the green tab.
            >
            > If that doesn't take care of it and it reappears the next time you open
            > NoteTab you may have a clipbook with an 'OnOpen' clip that restarts the
            > PasteBoard.
            >
            > ºvº
            > 05.08.23
            > hrs > hsavage@p...

            Thanks people, that worked!

            :)
          • future.com@vsnl.com
            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 3, 2005
              Hello Dear eMailers

              May somebody suggest me some stand alone utility
              with the help of which I can have pasteBoard
              feature in any other (not NoteTab) editor of my choice??

              Srish Agrawal
              ____________
              At 11:44 AM 8/31/2005, you wrote:
              > > Shad,
              > >
              > > That's the PasteBoard feature, if you select that file and then the
              > > Document drop-down menu you'll find 'Use as PasteBoard' about the
              >fourth
              > > item up. You can click there to turn it off, or toggle on-off with
              > > Shift+Ctrl+P, or, Close and/or Delete the file with the green tab.
              > >
              > > If that doesn't take care of it and it reappears the next time you open
              > > NoteTab you may have a clipbook with an 'OnOpen' clip that restarts the
              > > PasteBoard.
              > >
              > > ºvº
              > > 05.08.23
              > > hrs > hsavage@p...
              >
              >Thanks people, that worked!
            • Bruce Meyers
              Message 6 of 8 , Sep 3, 2005
                I know of one, though there are probably many. Try Clipboard Magic from CyberMatrix.com. Go to cybermatrix.com and download cmagic.exe (it is free). It will capture and keep anything you copy to the clipboard in any application. It does work exactly like the pasteboard feature, but it is quite close to it. After you install it, there is any extensive help file to show you how it works.

                future.com@... wrote:Hello Dear eMailers

                At 11:44 AM 8/31/2005, you wrote:
                > > Shad,
                > >
                > > That's the PasteBoard feature, if you select that file and then the
                > > Document drop-down menu you'll find 'Use as PasteBoard' about the
                >fourth
                > > item up. You can click there to turn it off, or toggle on-off with
                > > Shift+Ctrl+P, or, Close and/or Delete the file with the green tab.
                > >
                > > If that doesn't take care of it and it reappears the next time you open
                > > NoteTab you may have a clipbook with an 'OnOpen' clip that restarts the
                > > PasteBoard.
                > >
                > > ºvº
                > > 05.08.23
                > > hrs > hsavage@p...
                >
                >Thanks people, that worked!

                Computer monitoring software Computer software industry Computer and internet software

                ---------------------------------

              • Gerard Huijing
                Message 7 of 8 , Sep 3, 2005
                  On Sat, 03 Sep 2005 18:48:37 +0200, Bruce Meyers <oldguy1166@...>
                  wrote:

                  > I know of one, though there are probably many. Try Clipboard Magic from
                  > CyberMatrix.com.

                  Another (excellent) clipboard utility is Yankee Clipper
                  (www.intellexual.com), freeware and trialware/payware.

                  Gerard

                  --
                  Gerard (E.G.P.) Huijing
                  2312 ZD Leiden
                  Message 8 of 8 , Sep 4, 2005
                    > > I know of one, though there are probably many. Try Clipboard
                    > Magic from
                    > > CyberMatrix.com.
                    >
                    > Another (excellent) clipboard utility is Yankee Clipper
                    > (www.intellexual.com), freeware and trialware/payware.

                    And my favourite is ClipTray (http://cliptray.levillage.org/) freeware from
                    a French author. I've posted a feature list to the off-topic list.

                    Greg