Regular expressions syntax

  • marco.batista@esab.com.br
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 22, 2005
      Hi, all.

      Someone could point me where to find a better explanation about using
      Regular Expressions in NoteTab?

      The NoteTab help doesn´t help so much.

      Marco Lúcio

      Esta mensagem, incluindo seus anexos, tem caráter confidencial
      e seu conteúdo é restrito ao destinatário da mesma. Caso você
      tenha recebido esta mensagem por engano, queira, por favor,
      retorná-la ao remetente e apagá-la de seus arquivos. Qualquer
      uso não autorizado, replicação ou disseminação desta mensagem
      ou parte dela e expressamente proibido. A empresa não é
      responsável pelo conteúdo ou veracidade desta informação.

      and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission,
      dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in
      reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other
      than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this
      in error, please contact the sender and delete the material
      from any computer.

      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 26, 2005
        Hi Marco,

        You might try asking on the Clips or Scripts lists. There are
        some regular expression experts on them that can point you to
        some tutorials or answer specific questions. Please keep in mind
        that there are a few bugs in the current RegExp engine. Eric is
        not going to fix those, because they are deep inside the search
        engine. We will be using a Perl type RegExp engine in the next
        release. Please take a few minutes out to read the following
        about posting on the Fookes discussion mailing lists.

        You may sign up for the different Fookes Software discussion mailing
        lists from either of the links below. Please take a minute or so and
        read this. There are many lists and your help in posting messages
        properly to the different lists is greatly appreciated.

        _Please_ read the following to see what list to send messages to and
        some basic guidelines to follow. It is very important to keep the
        lists running efficiently, getting faster replies, getting replies
        from the best qualified/expert people, searching archives, and other
        things as well.

        - Use a descriptive Subject: line to begin with! This is important!
        Newbie Needs Help and similar Subject lines should be changed
        immediately to an appropriate Subject such as:

        Files Keep Opening When I Open NoteTab (was Re: [NTB] Newbie Needs Help)
        Basic Help With Web Pages (was Re: [NTB] Help)
        Need Clip to Reformat HTML <head>...</head> (was Re: [Clip] Need Clip)

        - Messages should be referred/redirected to the appropriate lists such as
        Clip questions to the Clips list, HTML to the ntb-HTML list. You can Cc:
        the sender of a Clips question and send your reply to the Clips list. Or,
        Reply and Cc: the Clips list stating you will Reply on the Clips list.

        - Delete text from your replies that is not needed to understand your
        reply - strip footers, and extra text that is not needed.

        - If the content of the messages change drastically from the Subject
        line, please change the Subject line or start a new Subject with
        the same message body of the last message received that you are
        replying to and changing the Subject. Don't forget to leave
        the original Subject in like: Re: [NH] Frames Using CSS (was How do
        I blockquote?) for people that are using filters and so the same
        message thread can be followed easier.

        - Discussion of software other than Fookes Software is only allowed
        on the Off-Topic list and encouraged! Feel free to recommend
        competitive software on the Off-Topic list as well. When replying
        say from the Basic List and it needs to go to the Clips list,
        then send it there and copy the poster in a private message to
        the person you are wanting to help letting them know you moved it
        to the Clips list. They can sign up for it via the bottom of
        every [NTB] message or go to http://www.fookes.us/maillist.htm

        - Keep the conversation clean; all age groups are on the list and
        cussing/cursing offends many people! TIA :)

        + WHICH LIST to post on???

        Clips or Scripts list for them.

        are for discussion of those programs.

        Discussion mailing list subscribing and unsubscribing:

        Jody's Affiliate Links for Fookes Software: http://www.fookes.us

        >Someone could point me where to find a better explanation about using
        >Regular Expressions in NoteTab?
        >The NoteTab help doesn´t help so much.
        >Marco Lúcio

        Happy Clip'n!