Re: [NTB] Library lists on both sides at the same time?

  • Jeffery Scism
    Message 1 of 14 , Aug 21, 2005
      HT_LING wrote:

      >I'm sorry, but I wanted to _use_ two clip libraries/lists at the same time, not merely to edit
      >them.

      You can make your own that has only the clips you want, it isn't
      normally a feature to open two at once, BUT you can easily switch from
      one to any other.

      --
      ~~

      Jeffery G. Scism, IBSSG

      "Ranting and Raving" a description of any discussion that you do not agree with, and the characterization you wish to promote upon anyone whose views are different from yours.
    • Bert Byfield
      Message 2 of 14 , Aug 21, 2005
        > >I'm sorry, but I wanted to _use_ two clip libraries/lists at the same
        > > time, not merely to edit them.

        I want to use ten or more at the same time, but there isn't room to display
        them all, so I am content to set the option to make multiple rows of buttons at
        the bottom of the edit screen, and select one at a time.

      • HT_LING
        Message 3 of 14 , Aug 21, 2005
          From what I can tell this seems to be the most that one can do as things stand. I thought if the
          Quick List admits 'clips' as a new category, that'd be a nice feature to have. Having one more
          option won't hurt.

          Thanks to all for responding.

          -ht

          --- loro <loro-spam01-@...> wrote:

          ---------------------------------
          HT_LING wrote:
          >I'm sorry, but I wanted to _use_ two clip libraries/lists at the same
          >time, not merely to edit
          >them.

          Hi,

          There's only one way. Backup ClipHelp.clh (found in Notetab's main folder).
          Rename the library you want to show in the "other" window ClipHelp.clh and
          move it to NTB's main folder. ClipHelp.clh is the Clip Assistant and this
          will fool Notetab to load your library instead of it.

          I think someone wrote a clip to facilitate this procedure but I can't find it.

          Lotta

          ---------------------------------
        • hsavage
          Message 4 of 14 , Aug 21, 2005
            ht_ling818 wrote:
            > Is this possible?
            >
            > When long lists of clips in single libraries are needed for coding
            > tasks, I'd like to open up two libraries at the same time. Currently
            > the library list is to be docked either left or right but not on both
            > sides simultaneously, the library tabs at the bottom don't show actual
            > clips, and, finally, Quick List doesn't have clip libraries as an
            > option.
            >
            > Any ideas?
            >
            > -HT

            ht,

            This is a brand new request, at least to me, and judging from the
            replies I'm not alone in not having heard it before. This is not to say
            know of no practical way to do it.

            Is your purpose in wanting to load 2 different libraries because there
            are certain clips in each that you want quick access to?

            Quite some time ago I wrote 2 clips, the first is a list builder for
            compiling a list of chosen (librarynames-clipnames) from different
            libraries so by running the second clip you will have access to any clip
            in the compiled list.

            For my use this is very handy, both clips can be added to multiple
            clipbars so you will have immediate access to the list-builder, also to
            the compiled list. This second clip uses the ^!FarClip command to run
            the various clips in the list.

            The 2 clips may require minor editing to be compatible with your setup
            but they will give access to several libraries/clips with a minimum of
            searching for and loading assorted clip libraries to run a particular
            clip, that is, once you have compiled your list.

            If interested I can paste them into an email or add them to the (Yahoo!
            Groups : ntb-clips Files) at (
            http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ntb-clips/files/ )

            ºvº
            05.08.21
            hrs > hsavage@...
          • HT_LING
            Message 5 of 14 , Aug 21, 2005
              Hi hsavage,

              Lotta's suggestion to replace the Clip Assistant file with my own clipbook file is a temporary
              solution that works great for me. But your idea of a list builder is interesting too. I'm sure
              there will be interest here to see your 2 clips.

              The reason I wanted to have two clipbooks (not 10!) open at the same time is that I have clip
              books where each has many clips in it and I need to have access to all of the clips in both
              collections all the time (text data being processed being unpredictable, so you never know when
              which clip is needed) - so switching is not fun for me in this case.

              --- hsavage <hsavage@...> wrote:

              ---------------------------------
              ht_ling818 wrote:
              > Is this possible?
              >
              > When long lists of clips in single libraries are needed for coding
              > tasks, I'd like to open up two libraries at the same time. Currently
              > the library list is to be docked either left or right but not on both
              > sides simultaneously, the library tabs at the bottom don't show actual
              > clips, and, finally, Quick List doesn't have clip libraries as an
              > option.
              >
              > Any ideas?
              >
              > -HT

              ht,

              This is a brand new request, at least to me, and judging from the
              replies I'm not alone in not having heard it before. This is not to say
              know of no practical way to do it.

              Is your purpose in wanting to load 2 different libraries because there
              are certain clips in each that you want quick access to?

              Quite some time ago I wrote 2 clips, the first is a list builder for
              compiling a list of chosen (librarynames-clipnames) from different
              libraries so by running the second clip you will have access to any clip
              in the compiled list.

              For my use this is very handy, both clips can be added to multiple
              clipbars so you will have immediate access to the list-builder, also to
              the compiled list. This second clip uses the ^!FarClip command to run
              the various clips in the list.

              The 2 clips may require minor editing to be compatible with your setup
              but they will give access to several libraries/clips with a minimum of
              searching for and loading assorted clip libraries to run a particular
              clip, that is, once you have compiled your list.

              If interested I can paste them into an email or add them to the (Yahoo!
              Groups : ntb-clips Files) at (
              http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ntb-clips/files/ )

              ºv?05.08.21
              hrs > hsavage@...

              Computer security
              Computer monitoring software Computer training

              ---------------------------------
            • Wayne VanWeerthuizen
              Message 6 of 14 , Aug 22, 2005
                ht_ling818 wrote:
                > Is this possible?
                >
                > When long lists of clips in single libraries are needed for coding
                > tasks, I'd like to open up two libraries at the same time. Currently
                > the library list is to be docked either left or right but not on both
                > sides simultaneously, the library tabs at the bottom don't show actual
                > clips, and, finally, Quick List doesn't have clip libraries as an
                > option.
                >
                > Any ideas?

                Another idea for reducing the numbers of clips in a clipbook library
                is to combine two (or more) functions into one clip, and use the
                Shift key (or Ctrl key or Alt key) to switch functions.

                I've used this for clips that have the opposite effects of
                each other, and for triggering the display of a wizard to change
                permanent settings for a clip. It is generally best that functions
                combined this way be closely related. ;)

                An example:

                H="Example of putting 4 functions in one clip."

                ^!IfTrue ^$IsShiftKeyDown$ WithShift
                ^!IfTrue ^$IsCtrlKeyDown$ WithCtrl
                ^!IfTrue ^$IsAltKeyDown$ WithAlt

                :Normal
                ; replace next line with whatever other clip commands are appropriate
                ^!InsertText "Clip invoked normally."
                ^!Goto END

                :WithShift
                ; replace next line with whatever other clip commands are appropriate
                ^!InsertText "Clip invoked with SHIFT key."
                ^!Goto END

                :WithCtrl
                ; replace next line with whatever other clip commands are appropriate
                ^!InsertText "Clip invoked with CTRL key."
                ^!Goto END

                :WithAlt
                ; replace next line with whatever other clip commands are appropriate
                ^!InsertText "Clip invoked with ALT key."
                ^!Goto END

                Wayne VanWeerthuizen
              • Don - htmlfixit.com
                Message 7 of 14 , Aug 22, 2005
                  Are you on pro? In pro you have the clipbook library and you have a
                  clip toolbar. So I already have two open. It is one of the big plusses
                  to pro. Pro is worth the money! Undo is priceless ... multiple levels
                  of undo that is. Line numbering is worth the money ... etc. etc. etc.

                  Message 8 of 14 , Aug 22, 2005
                    Sounds good. Will try it.