Re: [NTB] Library lists on both sides at the same time?

  • Jeffery Scism
    Message 1 of 14 , Aug 20, 2005
      Make a custom Clipbook?
    • ht_ling818
      Message 2 of 14 , Aug 21, 2005
        Any general pointers how?

        --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, Jeffery Scism <scismgenie@a...> wrote:
        > Make a custom Clipbook?
      • Jeffery Scism
        Message 3 of 14 , Aug 21, 2005
          two ways, either open the clip bookas a docuemnet, and copy yhe clips
          you need to a new Clipbook, OR edit each clip you want, copy to
          clipboard, and paste it into the clipbook you want it in, (right click
          the clipbok and choose "add from clipboard"

          Jeff
        • HT_LING
          Message 4 of 14 , Aug 21, 2005
            I'm sorry, but I wanted to _use_ two clip libraries/lists at the same time, not merely to edit
            them.

            --- Jeffery Scism <scismgenie@...> wrote:

            ---------------------------------
            two ways, either open the clip bookas a docuemnet, and copy yhe clips
            you need to a new Clipbook, OR edit each clip you want, copy to
            clipboard, and paste it into the clipbook you want it in, (right click
            the clipbok and choose "add from clipboard"

            Jeff

            Computer monitoring software
            Computer security Computer training

            ---------------------------------
          • loro
            Message 5 of 14 , Aug 21, 2005
              HT_LING wrote:
              >I'm sorry, but I wanted to _use_ two clip libraries/lists at the same
              >time, not merely to edit
              >them.

              Hi,

              There's only one way. Backup ClipHelp.clh (found in Notetab's main folder).
              Rename the library you want to show in the "other" window ClipHelp.clh and
              move it to NTB's main folder. ClipHelp.clh is the Clip Assistant and this
              will fool Notetab to load your library instead of it.

              I think someone wrote a clip to facilitate this procedure but I can't find it.

              Lotta
            • Jeffery Scism
              Message 6 of 14 , Aug 21, 2005
                HT_LING wrote:

                >I'm sorry, but I wanted to _use_ two clip libraries/lists at the same time, not merely to edit
                >them.

                You can make your own that has only the clips you want, it isn't
                normally a feature to open two at once, BUT you can easily switch from
                one to any other.

                --
                ~~

                Jeffery G. Scism, IBSSG

                "Ranting and Raving" a description of any discussion that you do not agree with, and the characterization you wish to promote upon anyone whose views are different from yours.
              • Bert Byfield
                Message 7 of 14 , Aug 21, 2005
                  > >I'm sorry, but I wanted to _use_ two clip libraries/lists at the same
                  > > time, not merely to edit them.

                  I want to use ten or more at the same time, but there isn't room to display
                  them all, so I am content to set the option to make multiple rows of buttons at
                  the bottom of the edit screen, and select one at a time.

                • HT_LING
                  Message 8 of 14 , Aug 21, 2005
                    From what I can tell this seems to be the most that one can do as things stand. I thought if the
                    Quick List admits 'clips' as a new category, that'd be a nice feature to have. Having one more
                    option won't hurt.

                    Thanks to all for responding.

                    -ht

                    --- loro <loro-spam01-@...> wrote:

                    ---------------------------------
                    HT_LING wrote:
                    >I'm sorry, but I wanted to _use_ two clip libraries/lists at the same
                    >time, not merely to edit
                    >them.

                    Hi,

                    There's only one way. Backup ClipHelp.clh (found in Notetab's main folder).
                    Rename the library you want to show in the "other" window ClipHelp.clh and
                    move it to NTB's main folder. ClipHelp.clh is the Clip Assistant and this
                    will fool Notetab to load your library instead of it.

                    I think someone wrote a clip to facilitate this procedure but I can't find it.

                    Lotta

                    ---------------------------------
                  • hsavage
                    Message 9 of 14 , Aug 21, 2005
                      ht_ling818 wrote:
                      > Is this possible?
                      >
                      > When long lists of clips in single libraries are needed for coding
                      > tasks, I'd like to open up two libraries at the same time. Currently
                      > the library list is to be docked either left or right but not on both
                      > sides simultaneously, the library tabs at the bottom don't show actual
                      > clips, and, finally, Quick List doesn't have clip libraries as an
                      > option.
                      >
                      > Any ideas?
                      >
                      > -HT

                      ht,

                      This is a brand new request, at least to me, and judging from the
                      replies I'm not alone in not having heard it before. This is not to say
                      know of no practical way to do it.

                      Is your purpose in wanting to load 2 different libraries because there
                      are certain clips in each that you want quick access to?

                      Quite some time ago I wrote 2 clips, the first is a list builder for
                      compiling a list of chosen (librarynames-clipnames) from different
                      libraries so by running the second clip you will have access to any clip
                      in the compiled list.

                      For my use this is very handy, both clips can be added to multiple
                      clipbars so you will have immediate access to the list-builder, also to
                      the compiled list. This second clip uses the ^!FarClip command to run
                      the various clips in the list.

                      The 2 clips may require minor editing to be compatible with your setup
                      but they will give access to several libraries/clips with a minimum of
                      searching for and loading assorted clip libraries to run a particular
                      clip, that is, once you have compiled your list.

                      If interested I can paste them into an email or add them to the (Yahoo!
                      Groups : ntb-clips Files) at (
                      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ntb-clips/files/ )

                      ºvº
                      05.08.21
                      hrs > hsavage@...
                    • HT_LING
                      Message 10 of 14 , Aug 21, 2005
                        Hi hsavage,

                        Lotta's suggestion to replace the Clip Assistant file with my own clipbook file is a temporary
                        solution that works great for me. But your idea of a list builder is interesting too. I'm sure
                        there will be interest here to see your 2 clips.

                        The reason I wanted to have two clipbooks (not 10!) open at the same time is that I have clip
                        books where each has many clips in it and I need to have access to all of the clips in both
                        collections all the time (text data being processed being unpredictable, so you never know when
                        which clip is needed) - so switching is not fun for me in this case.

                        --- hsavage <hsavage@...> wrote:

                        ---------------------------------
                        ht_ling818 wrote:
                        > Is this possible?
                        >
                        > When long lists of clips in single libraries are needed for coding
                        > tasks, I'd like to open up two libraries at the same time. Currently
                        > the library list is to be docked either left or right but not on both
                        > sides simultaneously, the library tabs at the bottom don't show actual
                        > clips, and, finally, Quick List doesn't have clip libraries as an
                        > option.
                        >
                        > Any ideas?
                        >
                        > -HT

                        ht,

                        This is a brand new request, at least to me, and judging from the
                        replies I'm not alone in not having heard it before. This is not to say
                        know of no practical way to do it.

                        Is your purpose in wanting to load 2 different libraries because there
                        are certain clips in each that you want quick access to?

                        Quite some time ago I wrote 2 clips, the first is a list builder for
                        compiling a list of chosen (librarynames-clipnames) from different
                        libraries so by running the second clip you will have access to any clip
                        in the compiled list.

                        For my use this is very handy, both clips can be added to multiple
                        clipbars so you will have immediate access to the list-builder, also to
                        the compiled list. This second clip uses the ^!FarClip command to run
                        the various clips in the list.

                        The 2 clips may require minor editing to be compatible with your setup
                        but they will give access to several libraries/clips with a minimum of
                        searching for and loading assorted clip libraries to run a particular
                        clip, that is, once you have compiled your list.

                        If interested I can paste them into an email or add them to the (Yahoo!
                        Groups : ntb-clips Files) at (
                        http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ntb-clips/files/ )

                        ºv?05.08.21
                        hrs > hsavage@...

                        Computer security
                        Computer monitoring software Computer training

                        ---------------------------------
                      • Wayne VanWeerthuizen
                        Message 11 of 14 , Aug 22, 2005
                          ht_ling818 wrote:
                          > Is this possible?
                          >
                          > When long lists of clips in single libraries are needed for coding
                          > tasks, I'd like to open up two libraries at the same time. Currently
                          > the library list is to be docked either left or right but not on both
                          > sides simultaneously, the library tabs at the bottom don't show actual
                          > clips, and, finally, Quick List doesn't have clip libraries as an
                          > option.
                          >
                          > Any ideas?

                          Another idea for reducing the numbers of clips in a clipbook library
                          is to combine two (or more) functions into one clip, and use the
                          Shift key (or Ctrl key or Alt key) to switch functions.

                          I've used this for clips that have the opposite effects of
                          each other, and for triggering the display of a wizard to change
                          permanent settings for a clip. It is generally best that functions
                          combined this way be closely related. ;)

                          An example:

                          H="Example of putting 4 functions in one clip."

                          ^!IfTrue ^$IsShiftKeyDown$ WithShift
                          ^!IfTrue ^$IsCtrlKeyDown$ WithCtrl
                          ^!IfTrue ^$IsAltKeyDown$ WithAlt

                          :Normal
                          ; replace next line with whatever other clip commands are appropriate
                          ^!InsertText "Clip invoked normally."
                          ^!Goto END

                          :WithShift
                          ; replace next line with whatever other clip commands are appropriate
                          ^!InsertText "Clip invoked with SHIFT key."
                          ^!Goto END

                          :WithCtrl
                          ; replace next line with whatever other clip commands are appropriate
                          ^!InsertText "Clip invoked with CTRL key."
                          ^!Goto END

                          :WithAlt
                          ; replace next line with whatever other clip commands are appropriate
                          ^!InsertText "Clip invoked with ALT key."
                          ^!Goto END

                          Wayne VanWeerthuizen
                        • Don - htmlfixit.com
                          Message 12 of 14 , Aug 22, 2005
                            Are you on pro? In pro you have the clipbook library and you have a
                            clip toolbar. So I already have two open. It is one of the big plusses
                            to pro. Pro is worth the money! Undo is priceless ... multiple levels
                            of undo that is. Line numbering is worth the money ... etc. etc. etc.

                            Message 13 of 14 , Aug 22, 2005
                              Sounds good. Will try it.