Re: Files Marked Read-only / Binary/null Characters (was Re: [NTB] Nonfunctioning because...?)

    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 2 4:04 PM
      Hi Mordechai and Others...,

      I noticed my online version was a bit different than my NoteTab Library PasteBack FAQ, so I updated and merged them both, hopefully identical now in all three places. I snipped out most the stuff below and added what I inserted to the last message.

      >You might be interested in checking out my site with Frequently
      >Asked Questions for NoteTab. There is a frames and no frames
      >version. You can switch back and forth to the two different
      >formats:
      >
      > From the NoteTab Support Desk
      >http://www.notetab.net/faq/ntb (Frames)
      >http://www.notetab.net/faq/ntb/index2.htm (No frames)
      >
      >This is towards the bottom of the questions on the above web pages...
      >
      >What is a binary error; how do I get rid of it?
      >
      >Please understand what Help says (below) before making changes to
      >binary documents such as *.doc, and *.exe, etc. I suggest you
      >read this in full as well.

      <snip>

      And, yet, a third option... You might try using Document |
      InsertFile... into a new document instead. It is a safe way to
      get a copy of the file into NoteTab that you can work with not
      having to fear that you might mess up a perfectly good document.
      In the case of a null character (mentioned below from Help) in
      the last line of the document you can most likely uncheck "Filter
      Binary Codes" and edit the file. Do read the rest of this before
      doing any changes and certain make a backup file before editing.